Lightbridge range issues

Reaction score
Can somebody please help me out? I was really hoping to get more distance out of my LightBridge. Im not sure what the problem is.

I took my new rig out for a distance test today. I could only get out to 600 meters before control signal hit 0 (in real time mode). The picture seemed ok until about 500 meters. I took out my stock P2 with 5.8 FPV and flew it out to 3000 meters with no problem (could have gone further) so it wasn't interference. I was expecting more along the lines of 1700 meters with the LB. Is this the type of range I can expect or is this a possible hardware problem? What could I be doing wrong?

Lightbridge troubleshooting says to run signal diagnostic but im unclear on the instructions: "Run signal diagnostics in the DJI LIGHTBRIDGE App to determine the cause. Remove one of the antennas, place ground system two meters away from air system and launch DJI LIGHTBRIDGE App. Enter “Signal Diagnostic” page to check the signal strength. Green bars indicates signal strength is normal, and readings should falls in the range of -20 to 40. If not, adjust ground system antennas orientation. Repeat step a,b,c. If problem persists, replace antenna.”

When they say remove one antenna are they referring to the ground station or the air station?

All firmware is up to date.

Equipment:
Phantom 2 (v2 with upgraded transmitter/motors)
H3-3d
Lightbridge
GoPro 4

Any help is very appreciated.
Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_1565ss.JPG
    IMG_1565ss.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 886
  • IMG_1563ss.JPG
    IMG_1563ss.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 593
According to DJI it is the ground antennas that you remove to run the diagnostic. After running signal diagnostic and carefully replacing the air bridge antennas I am now only getting out to about 150-200 meters before losing all signal (with both the panels and the regular antennas).

Thank you for the tip. However this is in fact a configuration that DJI recommends. I tried various other configs with no success. I have to replace the unit regardless as the signal diagnostic showed conclusively that there is a hardware issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4