Lightbridge iOS app

MenaceCat said:
Thanks. This is helpful. Its a business opening for Apple. I think lots of DJI users have iOS products or Macs. Is there some security reason why USB video is harmful / a security risk? I can't imagine why a business won't allow a practice unless there is a good reason for it.

Its just their API Rules they have had them from the Start of the iphone in 2007. Video IN API has been a large contested region of their API's i dont really know why they dont allow they just dont. If they did allow we would see ipads as second screens or dvd players hooked up to them and stuff but we dont so. Dont hold your breath, i went out and got a galaxy tab pro 10.1 and use only for lightbridge as i dont care to use it for regular use. and now hdmi monitor is what i use so Android sits there doing nothing waiting till i need to change a setting in LB lol... I typed this on my ipad lol

What you say is indeed very strange since Apple has made AirPlay available in OS X Mavericks. This allows you to use an iPad as an external screen wirelessly. It may just be a matter of time. After all, Apple never wanted to make larger screen iPhones and yet that's changing.

MenaceCat said:
What you say is indeed very strange since Apple has made AirPlay available in OS X Mavericks. This allows you to use an iPad as an external screen wirelessly. It may just be a matter of time. After all, Apple never wanted to make larger screen iPhones and yet that's changing.

dont get me wrong, Im an apple FAn 100% i Have a imac a ipad and a iphone, i just know they wont do this one they have stated no to many company's about video in api's...... ipad -ios useablity was one of the reasons i got lightbridge in the first place, I will be happy if it gets released but no counting on it.

The 1.08 beta version of the app works on both phone and pad. My devices are not jailbroken so this is perfectly legit as far as Apple / iTunes store goes.

Minimal latency but there is an annoying popup message about whether to trust the computer the phone / pad is hooked up to. This occurs repeatedly every 10s or so.

With the number of downloads tracked, its just a matter of time before DJI offers a full release with Apple. Apple might discover that there are more iOS users among flyers than Android users !

MenaceCat said:
The 1.08 beta version of the app works on both phone and pad. My devices are not jailbroken so this is perfectly legit as far as Apple / iTunes store goes.

Minimal latency but there is an annoying popup message about whether to trust the computer the phone / pad is hooked up to. This occurs repeatedly every 10s or so.

With the number of downloads tracked, its just a matter of time before DJI offers a full release with Apple. Apple might discover that there are more iOS users among flyers than Android users !

Answer "no" to the pop up question. It will not return and the app will continue to work just fine.

Thanks for the quick response. However, getting the the pop-up disappear for good has not been my experience using an iP5S.

Maybe it will change if I shut down and restart the phone but apparently this issue is not unique to the DJI app and is generic to iOS7 when the iOS device is connected to a non-Apple device. I will try restarting. Any comments?

mitchsden said:
I tried it quickly to test on both my iPhone 5 and iPad mini retina,
I never had any pop-ups repeating that I noticed !!

Dave

Interesting. I'm using a Futaba 8J, iOS 7.1.2 (NOT jailbroken). latest versions of firmware on Lightbridge. iOS app ver 1.08 beta. The problem only occurs when transmission is live and I get a feed.

There may be some setting that I'm not aware of.

I get repeated pop-ups.

I'm sure it side loads and is not legit. For API rules still not holding my breath for a real release, and I don't want a beta.

Does anyone know when the lightbridge ios app will be officially released? Also, does anyone know if it can be used on an iPhone 4s or an iPad 2? I have heard that it will only work on iPad 4 and above or iphone 5 and above.

MenaceCat said:
Thanks for the quick response. However, getting the the pop-up disappear for good has not been my experience using an iP5S.

Maybe it will change if I shut down and restart the phone but apparently this issue is not unique to the DJI app and is generic to iOS7 when the iOS device is connected to a non-Apple device. I will try restarting. Any comments?

I found that answering no removed the popup for the remainder of that session. It does reappear each time the device is connected, similar to the debug question on Android devices.

mitchsden said:

Dave

Some beta testers reported the popups, while others did not see them.

I tested the app with a variety of iOS devices, and only some produced the popup. As far as I could tell it seemed to depend on whether the device was running any kind of security profile, but that could, also, have been coincidence.

Fred273427 said:
Does anyone know when the lightbridge ios app will be officially released? Also, does anyone know if it can be used on an iPhone 4s or an iPad 2? I have heard that it will only work on iPad 4 and above or iphone 5 and above.

The original release notes tone beta testers indicated that it needed an A6 or better.

Re: Lightbridge iOS app: go to airplane mode

sar104 said:
mitchsden said:

Dave

Some beta testers reported the popups, while others did not see them.

I tested the app with a variety of iOS devices, and only some produced the popup. As far as I could tell it seemed to depend on whether the device was running any kind of security profile, but that could, also, have been coincidence.

Could be regional security differences. I am not based in the US. The solution to the pop-ups for me was to turn off the phone transmitter function by going into 'airplane mode'. You get one reminder but after that, the pop-ups stop. This makes sense because an incoming call can mess up a live video feed. I don't know if this feature is implemented on the Vision series.

I have just tried using an iPad mini but cannot seem to get it to work. Has anyone got any suggestions(e.g. A sequence to plug things in etc)?

Fred273427 said:
I have just tried using an iPad mini but cannot seem to get it to work. Has anyone got any suggestions(e.g. A sequence to plug things in etc)?

Could you be a bit more specific? Does the app launch? If so, what does it show? Do you have a control link?

I have since been told I need an update to the lightbridge firmware (which I have now done). I intend to try it again on the weekend and see if I can get a picture on the iPad mini.

Re: Lightbridge iOS app - notes

sar104 said:
noreason4 said:
Great news.. Never been so close to hit the purchase button ;)

One more question though: When an iOS App is in beta testing, does this ensure that it is in compliance with all App store guidelines? I am asking because i am worrying a little bit, that DJI uses some private APIs that will prevent the App from being officially released...

I'm really not sure. I don't even know how they manage to sideload the app onto my iPad without registering the UDID first.

The beta version works perfectly. There is a public link from DJI website. I've downloaded, the app works on both iP5S and iPadAir without problems. My phone is not jailbroken and I would never consider anything putting illegal on my system. I've taken the P2 to 1.2 km with clear reception in a park without any issues. I do notice that signal fluctuates when you are far away and when in an area where many WAPs are located, channel changes are frequent. Security protocols from my phone company or my specific phone result in repeated pop-ups unless I turn cellular off. I can still use wireless but as this operates at 2.4 GHz, interference with the airlink could possibly occur. The nice thing about wireless is that you can then rebroadcast the inbound HD video to a Mac using AirPlay on the phone, receiving it via AirServer (or equivalent) and save the movie of your flight on a Mac.

Note that iOS phones have different broadband transmitters installed according to geography and phone company so user experience with regard to phone / Pad Tx been on / off may differ depending on where you are.

The user agreement is a bizarrely crafted document. DJI states that "Safety of the terminal
10.1 Your download and installed software may contain viruses, Trojan program or other malicious programs, which threats to the security of your information and data in your terminals or affect this software and the function of the Service, etc. Therefore, you should strengthen awareness of information security and the protection of personal information, pay attention to your password protection, so as not to suffer."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers