Lightbridge iOS app

dlt said:
There are already hardware which feeds live video thru lightning port, for example :

https://www.elgato.com/en/eyetv/eyetv-mobile

this is doing live video in in some different way, which im sure has some serious lag but for watching tv that doesn't matter if the signal is behind, but i dont think thin is working as Pure Video in. I will eat my hat if im wrong about video in and apples APi Guidelines but Im pretty sure. If im wrong where are all the Adapters to hook my ipad up to say a Blueray player as a monitor. or just a USe as a Pure tv with say comcast or shaw cany Cable Company. I Have been wanting Video In for a while i am a videographer and being able to use my ipad as a monitor for my camera or other would be great but it doesn't exist as straight say lightning to hdmi or even just lightning usb or whatnot. This would be a first.

Haze said:
dlt said:
There are already hardware which feeds live video thru lightning port, for example :

this is doing live video in in some different way, which im sure has some serious lag but for watching tv that doesn't matter if the signal is behind, but i dont think thin is working as Pure Video in. I will eat my hat if im wrong about video in and apples APi Guidelines but Im pretty sure. If im wrong where are all the Adapters to hook my ipad up to say a Blueray player as a monitor. or just a USe as a Pure tv with say comcast or shaw cany Cable Company. I Have been wanting Video In for a while i am a videographer and being able to use my ipad as a monitor for my camera or other would be great but it doesn't exist as straight say lightning to hdmi or even just lightning usb or whatnot. This would be a first.

I don't see why this is "some different way", it is doing video in through the connector. Only thing I would say is elgato has been in bed with apple for many years so maybe they have a special pass. Maybe DJI have been speaking to apple and have some special dispensation, I am sure HD aerial video photography is something apple would like to say the iPad can do in one of it's hipster advertising campaigns.

However saying all this I am still a bit sceptical if this will appear as well. All I would say is you have to be a developer of some reasonable skill to build an app like the lightbridge app or even the ground station app and vision apps, you would think a developer with that level of experience will also be fully aware of what is a public and private api, I am sure that if they thought they could not distribute it they would not waste money developing it.

markab said:
Haze said:
dlt said:

I don't see why this is "some different way", it is doing video in through the connector. Only thing I would say is elgato has been in bed with apple for many years so maybe they have a special pass. Maybe DJI have been speaking to apple and have some special dispensation, I am sure HD aerial video photography is something apple would like to say the iPad can do in one of it's hipster advertising campaigns.

However saying all this I am still a bit sceptical if this will appear as well. All I would say is you have to be a developer of some reasonable skill to build an app like the lightbridge app or even the ground station app and vision apps, you would think a developer with that level of experience will also be fully aware of what is a public and private api, I am sure that if they thought they could not distribute it they would not waste money developing it.

Many company's use private APIs to build their app and then get shut down, many BIG NAME company. That product is actually one of the frst video in (such) devices but it has to be different in that it decodes different or i dont know but there are no products like a monitor in ofr ipad so heres hoping i would want it but apple likes their future wireless.

Fix this issue by adding a button menu system on lightbridge so i dont need an app and can just use a HDMI monitor like 99.99 % of videogrphers use..... instead of a phone or tablet..

Anyone know how to get one's hands on a copy of the Lightbridge iOS app Beta? Surely they will get the app released soon.....the website for LB still shows that it is iOS compatable...

I'm planning on getting Lightbridge for my new Multirotor build.
I have a few questions.

1. Does it or does it not currently support IOS? I would like to run it on an iPad. Which iPad would be the best choice?
2. Can the osd overlay be set to display imperial measurements instead of Metric?

Thanks,
Lenny

The Lightbridge iOS app runs just fine, with low latency. I've tested it on iPad 4 and iPhone 5. Unfortunately it is still in beta testing, and I have no idea how long that will last. I've found just one minor bug so far. There is also considerable debate about the compliance of the video transport with Apple's API rules, but I have no idea how that will play out either.

sar104 said:
The Lightbridge iOS app runs just fine, with low latency. I've tested it on iPad 4 and iPhone 5. Unfortunately it is still in beta testing, and I have no idea how long that will last. I've found just one minor bug so far. There is also considerable debate about the compliance of the video transport with Apple's API rules, but I have no idea how that will play out either.

Are you able to have the osd display imperial data instead of metric?

Xrover said:
sar104 said:

Are you able to have the osd display imperial data instead of metric?

It's an option, if I remember correctly, but not sure if I actually tried it. I'll check this evening and report back.

Xrover said:

Well, after eventually noticing that I was replying to you on said iPad, I fired up the app. It does have the metric/imperial choice in the settings - I should just confirm that it actually does convert and display properly.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 811
Imperial seems to work fine on the app. I did discover that the app setting has no effect on the HDMI OSD overlay, which seems to be locked in metric units. The app OSD still lacks azimuth.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    581.9 KB · Views: 777
Greetings phantom pilots,
Taking delivery or a Lightbridge Phantom 2 this week
And also very keen to beta test on my iPad retina mini.

I appreciate any leads or Info on how to do that ,
My email is clay (at) Haskellfilms (dot) com

Cheers

Clay

Haskell said:

Cheers

Clay

The original request was for a limited number of testers and I don't think that they are accepting any more beta testers at this time, but you could email DJI to ask.

Haskell said:

Cheers

Clay

get an android, the IOS app will never come out sorry to say... You will be waiting till hell freezes over. (I hate android but apple will never allow this app.)

I've been an apple guy for decades, when I got LightBridge last month, I bought a Samsung tablet for the job, no big deal, works fine.

MenaceCat said:
Why are some people so confident 'this will never appear on the iOS platform'?

because they are braking Apples - NO video in API rules over USB. cant get around that, its the Number 1 reason why its not been released, (i dont work for DJi or apple but im betting it all on that reason)

Thanks. This is helpful. Its a business opening for Apple. I think lots of DJI users have iOS products or Macs. Is there some security reason why USB video is harmful / a security risk? I can't imagine why a business won't allow a practice unless there is a good reason for it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20