Lightbridge GPS data NMEA?

IBV

Reaction score
Hi there,

There was discussion about an antenna tracker for the P4 (thread : Antenna tracker for P4 -phantom 4) and I concluded it's worth to test it especially when moving out of LOS behind trees or buildings because of mainly improving penetration.
I'm aware that boosters and omni antennas do a good job. However, a serious tracking system with parabolic antennas can't be that wrong...
I wrote to dji if they use standard NMEA protocol. No answer yet.
So... anybody out there knows?

DJI may not reveal the details of the current communication protocols. Why would they use standard protocols?

DJI may not reveal the details of the current communication protocols. Why would they use standard protocols?
You might be right. Why standard?- because it's cheaper. It's not military grade gear so encryption isn't important. But ya-- maybe you're right. I will test and see.

Recently DJI has even implemented encryption in protocol.

NEMA 2000 is not a bad thought. It utilizes a variant of the CAN-Bus and there are lots of chips and protocols for it. Your best bet for figuring this out unless you are some sort of serious embedded hardware junkie is to get a copy of the SDK and see how to access the GPS.

Reactions: IBV
NEMA 2000 is not a bad thought. It utilizes a variant of the CAN-Bus and there are lots of chips and protocols for it. Your best bet for figuring this out unless you are some sort of serious embedded hardware junkie is to get a copy of the SDK and see how to access the GPS.

Good idea. Right.- there should be plenty of matching hardware available. Where can I get a copy of the SDK?

Good idea. Right.- there should be plenty of matching hardware available. Where can I get a copy of the SDK?
Dunno. Haven't noticed it on the DJI website but then again, I haven't looked. If it's not there you might email the Litchi or Autopilot developers - they obviously use the SDK. You might also look up the Dashware threads for hints on how to pull info out of the system. Also, recall that the .SRT files track the GPS data. If you can get into that stream, you should be able to figure out where the P3 is for tracking purposes. You actually don't need to be all that accurate.

Reactions: IBV
Dunno. Haven't noticed it on the DJI website but then again, I haven't looked. If it's not there you might email the Litchi or Autopilot developers - they obviously use the SDK. You might also look up the Dashware threads for hints on how to pull info out of the system. Also, recall that the .SRT files track the GPS data. If you can get into that stream, you should be able to figure out where the P3 is for tracking purposes. You actually don't need to be all that accurate.

great input. Right.- litchi and ugcs must have access to the Gps data in real time.
There is SK for lightbridge 2. Is P4 actually using lightbridge 2 or the "old" lightbridge?

great input. Right.- litchi and ugcs must have access to the Gps data in real time.
There is SK for lightbridge 2. Is P4 actually using lightbridge 2 or the "old" lightbridge?
Hi there,

There is a dji developers site: DJI Developer
Didn't get through it but it should he possible to use their SDK together with some hardware to control any kind of pan/tilt unit that is aware of its position.
I'll check it out and let you know.

Old, original Lightbridge.
Lightbridge 2 seems to be used by the matrice 600 only (to date).
I'll try to find out more about these SDKs, saw that there are some libraries accessing GPS data. Not clear yet how.
I know that for most situations an antenna trackeris not needed. However, for some critical missions I want to be sure I got maximum penetration with bossted directional antennas.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl