lightbridge firmware PROBLEM (and solution) - firmware version not found by dji assistant tool

IMO no point using the LB for analog video or control because digital links are more flakey and much more sensitive to interference.

On my Phantom 2 I've got two video systems and all control over one UHF link. The internal 2.4GHz receiver is removed.

Pilot gets reliable 5.8 with iOSD telemetry and dedicated analog fpv camera.
The H3-3D mounted Hero3 is connected HDMI to Lightbridge.

I share the tilt control to a second radio on the ground. We use this like a 2-Op rig.

Gaucho this is great. Thank you. İ'll let you know when i try the solution.

Wiliam Fanelli; please check out my cablecam's webpage. if you need any help or have questions please feel free to contact.
www.motionworks.tv

Reactions: gaucho
IMO no point using the LB for analog video or control because digital links are more flakey and much more sensitive to interference
True. But It's the third hdmi cable that gets broken. May be there is a more robust version for this cable.

The pictures are not high resolution. Anyway Andrew have the information that you need

There Is a russian website with details about air unit but i can't find it again

back.jpg
So, i found the Pins.
Unfortunately i remarked that (of course) the Images for the ground Station are diffrent as for the air unit.
How can i create an Image to use? Or where can i get it from?
Cheers
Chris

protocol.jpg

Ok, We need to backup the update file, then to decrypt it. It is needed a working air unit to do this.
I don't know How to decrypt the file. Andrew did it on its air unit.

when Lb Is updating via assistant software, inside Linux he creates a temp file with all firmware in the path /opt/tmp/usbupdate.tar.gz

Before upgrading you need to erase or clean the file dji/etc/version (updater read this file and compare version info from this file with information from firmware) , so if you clean or erase Lb will startupdate.

Note: when update finishes, Lb will restart ,and when it start again he erase opt/tmp/usbupdate.tar.gz , so you must be very lucky for stop erasing process and copy tar.gz. Do do this i Made a script that continuously copy the file in another location in order to avoid to erase it.

To copy the file, just plug a usb drive In the upgrade port using a usb OTC cable,
Then type these commands:
cd /
mkdir pippo
mount /dev/sda1 /pippo (if this command doesn't work try with mount /dev/sda /pippo )

Now Pippo Is your usb drive. I think that usb drive should use fat32 partition.

Check the procedure posted here for the GROUND unit (one of the posts on the first page of this thread, written by me) in order to get ispiration and read some used commands.

When you will get the upgrade file, you will see that inside it, if you open it with ultraedit, you will find that it starts with Salt__
Searching on internet i found that it is a file encrypted with openssl.
The password to decrypt it is inside Linux.
Andrew still did all this procedure, and He can share with us directly the crypted and decrypted files.

This is all the information that i have.

Last edited:
when we will have a complete procedure for the air unit, I will post it on the first post of this thread, for ease of use of everyone.

Reactions: ceeejay
Hi everyone, Andrew wrote a few days ago:
procedure for flashing air unit same as ground

I don't know what he exactly means.
Can we also use the "ground Images" by Gaucho?
Do we have also to connect pins like the 3v3 - bsel like on the ground Station and where they are connected?
Unfortunately andrew didn't replied to all these questions.
Greetings
Chris

I think it's strange that you can flash the same files... There art different peripherials then different configuration files...
It's more safe if he shares with us its backup.

hi guys , yes bootloaders from any dji module same.. of course uImage may different , but it is doesnt matter . just recovery bootloader .. and try start .. or i can send you bootloader speial for air unit .

SO does this work?

I cant get any firmware updates for the decoder and transmitter on the air station..

Ok, but why do i get "no valid boot image found" in the console (you can see it in the image above)?
Do i have also to connect 3v3-bsel pins on the air unit? or where is the failure?
I connected the gnd, tx and the rx pins with my ttl-usb converter and run the console same as for the ground station.
But no connected pins like the 3v3-bsel, because if they are there, i don't know how to find them

chris

Andrew can you share bootloader and uboot files and bsel and 3v3 pins location?

blue circle on a pic - this is a bootloder pin. connect this pin to 3.3v and you wil see "BOOT ME"

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 703
Ok guys, i connected everything like on the ground Station, bootloader-3.3v, tx, rx, gnd, but i still get the same failure:
No valid Boot Image found
NAND Boot failed
Aborting...

Andrew post bootloader and uboot files. It's easier. Now i don't have the time to open air unit and do a backup by myself.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik