lightbridge firmware PROBLEM (and solution) - firmware version not found by dji assistant tool

mmmhh... If gopro or hdmi cable have problem, you don't see the green light on the air unit.
Air unit may be have problem, I know that some air unit have the same problem od the ground (don't show the firmware component) and don't work.Try to connect in the assistant.
I assume that air and ground are linked, it's right? Because mine, for example, was not working just out of box, but I linked and all is ok now.

I remember that the led on the air unit, reserved for the video input, is tied to the analog video input and not to the digital video input (if i well rememeber) so I suspect that it can not be a reference for me.
As I told you I still connected and successful upgraded the air unit by means of the assistant.
Of course the units are linked.
And I also wrote that it is strange that even if i flashed the second LB with the firmware of the first LB, each LB ground unit correctly links only to its AIR unit (i supposed that I could find strange behaviour like if I was cloning the device). this means that the device address to which each unit should connect to, is stored in a memory location that I didn't touched.

The led is also for HDMI, I'm sure. I just connected a GH4, if I switch off the camera, the led blink red.
So, if you have red led, there is a problema in air unit or cable or gopro.
I understood that you upgrade only ground unit, I'm sorry.
About device address, I agree, maybe is in some not erasable location. Anyway, we can't say that the problem is solved, we must be sure that gopro iso k, cable is ok, air unit is ok and phone is ok. Too much things.

A question: from the android app, are you able to set parameters for the LB? Like video connection, channel etc...? Do you receive ok from units?
I think that is important discover what video there is on hdmi.
It can be:
The right video
A black video
No video at all
The strange is that the units start to decode in your log.
Now, just have the USB ttl adapter, I can see what happen on a surely working unit. But at first you must discover if the problem is inside LB or in other component.
Are you sure that gopro put video on hdmi, and not a black video? Because a black video is OK for air unit and for ground unit, but is different from no video.

William Fanelli

The led is also for HDMI, I'm sure. I just connected a GH4, if I switch off the camera, the led blink red.
So, if you have red led, there is a problema in air unit or cable or gopro.
I understood that you upgrade only ground unit, I'm sorry.
About device address, I agree, maybe is in some not erasable location. Anyway, we can't say that the problem is solved, we must be sure that gopro iso k, cable is ok, air unit is ok and phone is ok. Too much things.

The red led "VIDEO" on the air unit is fixed RED (no matter if the hdmi cable is connected or if the gopro is on).

I followed this TEST PROCEDURE:
1)I connected air unit upgrade port to a pc.
2)I powered on the air unit without hdmi cable connected
3)I used my tool "lightbridgeTerminal" to enable the serial line (open the port and press the button to enable linux)
4)At this point I see the following prints (to watch them better you can close my tool and open a serial terminal tool like hyperterminal)

Code:
Failed to set video input to 0 (Invalid argument)
[  181.550000] EVM: switch to it6604 hdmi video input
[  181.550000] hdmi is not online
HDMI input is no[  181.550000] EVM: switch to tvp5151 cvbs video input
t connected....
Try to connected CVBS input...

I think this is normal because there was no HDMI cable connected. Can you repeat this test on a working LB to check if this is normal? I see strange write "invalid argument" on the log.

When I connect hdmi cable and power on the gopro, nothing changes.
May be broken hdmi cable or gopro. how could I check if it is a problem of the gopro or a problem of the hdmi cable?

A question: from the android app, are you able to set parameters for the LB? Like video connection, channel etc...? Do you receive ok from units?
YES

I think that is important discover what video there is on hdmi.
It can be:
The right video
A black video
No video at all
The strange is that the units start to decode in your log.
Now, just have the USB ttl adapter, I can see what happen on a surely working unit. But at first you must discover if the problem is inside LB or in other component.
Are you sure that gopro put video on hdmi, and not a black video? Because a black video is OK for air unit and for ground unit, but is different from no video.

William Fanelli

boh! (only in your country "boh" is understood)

Hi gaucho, on my air unit when I connect hdmi cable and switch on the camera the led from red became green. I don't have a go pro, but a gh4 but I'm sure that there are no difference.
So, your problem is in go pro connection or air unit. But as air unit was working and not repaired, I'm pretty sure that the problem is in go pro, likely the cable.
You must find some hdmi adapter and/OR cables.
As you have a TV set whit hdmi input, in order to check the cable (the cable is stripe hdmi cable included with lightbridge?) you need a adapter with micro hdmi female and hdmi male, not so common to find.
Or a new cable with both micro hdmi.
Important thing is have green led when connected. Maybe the ground unit now is OK, your repair is good, but you have others problems.

William Fanelli

I followed this TEST PROCEDURE:
1)I connected air unit upgrade port to a pc.
2)I powered on the air unit without hdmi cable connected
3)I used my tool "lightbridgeTerminal" to enable the serial line (open the port and press the button to enable linux)
4)At this point I see the following prints (to watch them better you can close my tool and open a serial terminal tool like hyperterminal)

Code:
Failed to set video input to 0 (Invalid argument)
[  181.550000] EVM: switch to it6604 hdmi video input
[  181.550000] hdmi is not online
HDMI input is no[  181.550000] EVM: switch to tvp5151 cvbs video input
t connected....
Try to connected CVBS input...

can you follow this procedure and post the terminal log with camera disconnected and then connected ?

Dear friend, as you don't have hdmi cables (I have a lot...) I don't have the USB ttl adapter. I ordered one on eBay but I'm still waiting. So, I can't help you but after all take cate to have led Green!

Dear friend, as you don't have hdmi cables (I have a lot...) I don't have the USB ttl adapter. I ordered one on eBay but I'm still waiting. So, I can't help you but after all take cate to have led Green!
the posted test procedure don't require usb adapter.
I wrote "connect usb cable to upgrade port"
you don't need nothing more than a usb cable.

I found a cable that starts from LB air unit VIDEO input (analog) and arrives to a male audio jack connector.
Then I found at home a cable from audio jack female to RCA connectors.
I connected the RCA connector to a old DVD player and then I switched everything on.
The video led of the LB air unit becomes GREEN and on the tablet I can see the images coming from the dvd player.
So the problem is SOLVED and the gopro have a problem (or most probably the HDMI cable).

I will report the procedure on the first post of this thread for easy use of everyone.

next thing that I would like to implement is to receive telemetry on a pc or on a android app.
Since I still realized an app that sends PPM output on audio connector, we could implement the follow me function

I'm interested to understand the communication from lb and flight control. I use lb on a cablecam, and I have a cc3d board with my firmware for control. I wish send info from my board to ground by telemetry channel. Best is also change icon and name on ground system but this require a complete decompile of lb firmware, may be too complex

[QUOTE="gaucho, post: 915722, member: 24023]
I connected the RCA connector to a old DVD player and then I switched everything on.
The video led of the LB air unit becomes GREEN and on the tablet I can see the images coming from the dvd player.
So the problem is SOLVED and the gopro have a problem (or most probably the HDMI cable).[/QUOTE]
Well done, I was sure that the problem was in hdmi. Now, the LB fault is solved forever, good work!

I'm interested to understand the communication from lb and flight control. I use lb on a cablecam, and I have a cc3d board with my firmware for control. I wish send info from my board to ground by telemetry channel. Best is also change icon and name on ground system but this require a complete decompile of lb firmware, may be too complex
about the protocol is for sure custom protocol, but may be exploitable.
about the app, I heard that DJI GO app should be able to display our video. I should try.
if this is true, there are sources for video receiving over new dhi devices on the DJI sdk. so most of the work, in this case, is done, is it smissing just the telemetry display, on the adb android usb channel.

Difference is that hdmi is a HD video, other input is SD only. Not sure if gimbal cable carries HD.
I have a problem on my air unit: my sbus (dbus) cable is broken, the pins comes out of plastic case.
Please check on your cable how is connected. I'm sure that the brown cable is on right pin, but I don't know if orange cable is in center or most likely at left. Please let me know if you can.
About protocol, as I wrote the protocol in my firmware, I can use dji protocol if I know specs.

William Fanelli

Difference is that hdmi is a HD video, other input is SD only. Not sure if gimbal cable carries HD.
I have a problem on my air unit: my sbus (dbus) cable is broken, the pins comes out of plastic case.
Please check on your cable how is connected. I'm sure that the brown cable is on right pin, but I don't know if orange cable is in center or most likely at left. Please let me know if you can.
About protocol, as I wrote the protocol in my firmware, I can use dji protocol if I know specs.

William Fanelli
Analog input has low resolution. Today i was flying. It's not the best, but it's a reliable hardware (cables) configuration.

This Is a picture for you
image.jpeg

I heard that DJI GO app should be able to display our video. I should try.
Today i tried the dji go app on my iphone 6S. It didn't work. The app changed name, may be that last updates removed the support for our video. I read that the previous app was working with our lb .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.