Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Lightbridge and Spektrum DX8

Discussion in 'DJI Lightbridge' started by ddecuba, Jun 13, 2014.

1. ddecuba

Hi folks,
    I have a P2 with Lightbridge and i bought the Spektrum DX8 to use via training port since my DJI controller does not have a training port.
    I have tried and tried to get the controls to match up, but I can only get throttle and rudder to match up. On my right stick elevation and aileron are reversed.
    I have tried all 4 modes and no joy. With other words, for me to fly fwd i would have to push my stick to the left. Like i said, my left stick matches throttle and rudder fine.
    Also, is there a way to update the firmware for the LB via a Mac? I only see a EXE file.

Thank you

2. ddecuba

I made it work by turning the DX8 right stick 90 degrees. I'm sure the warrantee is voided by doing this, but it works great.
    Now i need to get a Droid device :( since the iOS app is not out yet.

The DX8 has multiple assignable 3way switches, a dial For my 3D gimble and at $250 ish a great solution.

I connect my DX8 via the training port to the LB and I use a PH2 with a Gopro and 3D gimble.

Any suggestions on what Droid device to get? I will be getting it from AT&T with cell service. The Samsung 5 seems nice.
    I'm a iOS guy my self.

Thx

3. nowsay

Do you have to put the DX8 in a specific trainer mode? I am not getting any of the input I'm giving to sticks on DX8 to the Phantom. I have the phantom connected to the computer and see no movement on the sliders. What could be wrong?

4. ddecuba

don't turn on the DX 8. when you plug in the training cable the unit will power up it self.

5. nowsay

I did not turn on. Without the cable plugged in you can hold scroll wheel and turn on and go to trainer. Should that be set to slave? If so I have no idea whats wrong with my setup

6. sar104

OK - same question as in the other thread - is it in failsafe - flashing yellow lights?

7. Murry123

I have had the same problem as you for a while its been stressing me out so much but I never thought of turning it 90 degrees I'm wondering is it easy? And I use the samsung galaxy s5 which at the moment works amazing but I'm going to get the 12 inchc samsung galaxy tab pro which has great resolution

8. andersonpaac

Have you found a viable solution for the DX8 and Lightbridge?

9. av1pro

Hi, how did you get the sticks to match up? On my DX8 Throttle moves Aileron. How do you make Throttle to move Throttle on DX8?

Thanks

10. av1pro

Ok figured it out. I had to go to system setting on DX8 use mode 1. Now the only thing is I cannot control the gimbal. Does anyone know how to setup DX8 nob to control gimbal tilt while running through DJI Lightbridge? Thanks