Light painting with P4 against Milky Way

Reaction score
1 Drone light painting 4 b sml.jpg

Im not sure I understand what I'm looking at?

Haha! It was an experiment really to see what pattern I could catch off the birds lights using long exposure with my DSLR, I've seen some amazing effects other DJI pilots have created using their bird to light paint the night sky.
I'm not sure who's image it was that inspired me to give it a go, but someone managed to fly a perfect spiral manoeuvre into the night sky and it looked really cool spiralling into space.
I found it too difficult to climb and spiral tbh, but this was my first attempt, so I need to practice the manoeuvre in daylight first really. :)

So this is a second camera filming the drones lights in the sky? Very cool

Yes, that's correct, I was using my canon 600d set for 30 sec exposure to catch as much movement as possible. I'll upload another pic in a bit, but I didn't really manage the spiral effect I was looking to create, Lol,, Thank you for the compliment! :)

I was out for a night shoot with a mate anyway, and I did the light painting with the bird shortly after getting this shot.
1 Milky Way 1 smler.jpg

That is so cool! I am going to try that as soon as the weather clears. My biggest obstacle here is freeken mosquitos'.

Thank you! It's great fun, and I like shooting at night anyway, I do enjoy taking pics with the P4 too of course, love it in fact! here's one of my birds pics looking towards a nearby lighthouse.
1 Strumble Head 3 smler.jpg

Reactions: Erised

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj