Light painting using Litchi?

Reaction score
I was thinking about doing light painting using waypoint feature in apps like Litchi or AP. Has anyone done that before? It will be cool to draw a word above a open field with a little planning.

There are many examples of light painting on the web. Here's one:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There are many examples of light painting on the web. Here's one:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I know what light painting is. I've been experimenting with it for years with my EOS M1. I'm trying to visualize what can be done with it with repsect to the phantom as a light source? At first read I thought the idea was ridiculous but I'm still trying to figure out a scenario that would be intrguing to investigate.

I know what light painting is. I've been experimenting with it for years with my EOS M1. I'm trying to visualize what can be done with it with repsect to the phantom as a light source? At first read I thought the idea was ridiculous but I'm still trying to figure out a scenario that would be intrguing to investigate.
I think the challenge is the attitude of the drone. If it is too low, it requires a UWA lens and might capture other ambient light into the frame. If it is too high, the build-in light might not be strong enough to be capture. Wind speed is also a factor which might ruin the drawing. Need to try this on a calm night.

76196c58ad96597ba7f249d2f6dedfbe.jpg
Perfect calm night tonight. Just did a heart on the sky with Litchi

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Looks really nice! What if you put some brighter lights on it? Give a bolder line in the final picture?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic