Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Light Indicator Question

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by srandall25, May 14, 2014.

1. srandall25

I just got my replacement Vision+ back from DJI today. I've calibrated it, got GPS with 8 satellites, and the front two lights are solid red, while the rear blink green. This is while it's sitting at idle prior to launch with the motors running. I know the green light means I have 6+ satellites; however, what's the solid red lights in the front mean? Looking at the chart, a solid red equals error. I've connected it to the Assistant software and there is no error report. I'm in NAZA mode with full battery charge. I appreciate any help on the matter. Thanks.

2. MikesTooLz

its so you know what way is facing forward.

3. srandall25

boy do I feel stupid! haha... I was thinking they all had to blink green before flight... ****, I just got the thing back and already forgot how to fly it.. that was a long 3 weeks without the Phantom! Thanks!!

4. jalpert

Actually, IMO, a red light is the dumbest color you can have on this thing to indicate normal operation.

5. joefuller757

I was happy to see you post this. I interpreted the light chart the way you did. Solid red was "error". I even emailed DJI to ask if solid red was OK. It took them 7 days to email back that it was normal. In the meantime, I looked at pictures of Phantoms in flight to confirm that solid red was normal. Funny how the manual doesn't just say what normal is. The other confusing part of the manual is the compass calibration. When you complete the second spin, it doesn't clearly say what the bird does to indicate it "took".

6. srandall25

Yes, exactly, there are many missing or 'assumed' pieces in the manual. It's like the engineer wrote the manual but didn't test it with common users to ensure it was bullet proof...