Light for a DJI

Justin, I saw that earlier this morning but ya have to do to much modification to get the wiring right. I found a few nice ones but they were for the older DJI models.

Looks like you just need to tap into a power / ground source.. Should be heaps of spots if you take the top cover off. I think some people use the ESC.. The main power is under the wifi module.

I imagine any light will be the same wouldnt it ? There is nothing to plug into...

Hmm I might buy that actually.. would be easy to wire in an on/off switch.. Just need to figure out if it will mount somewhere..More important need to see if I can find it from an Aus supplier..

thanks for the idea hehe :)

A good trick would be to wire a in an On/Off switch... that could be switched from the controller. You then have for example a landing light that can be switched On/Off in flight.

I understand it can be done, but needs a bit of electronics (small PCB) to make it work using S1 or S2 switch combinations, without it effecting the available existing switch combo options (GPS, Atti, RTH, HL, CL, etc).

Kev a landing light you can switch on some how with the controller would be very cool!!!
Any more ideas on how you could do it ? The not making it interfere with the original function part is the bit I am interested in.

I'm not looking to do it.. but I like learning about all this stuff :)

*edit* I got no idea how, but maybe you could do it if you click s1 X amount of times it activates.

Well, I have posted a similar question a while back when I was looking at a retractable landing gear and a landing light option/project.
A simple solution would be to fit a micro limit switch to the underside of the bird, the switch would be normally open, the circuit closed when the camera is moved to it's fully down position. Run the power to the light via the switch and hey presto.
A very helpful member (City Zen) replied to me with the following idea:-
I like the programmed Pic idea, but not followed it up as yet. But take a look at the link he gave me.

Here's a thought: If you plug a servo into F2, will it also be controlled by the pitch control? If so, have a lever on the servo be able to toggle a push-on, push-off switch, such that when you pitch all the way up (or down; either way) it toggles the switch. This works as long as you don't normally pitch the camera all the way up (or down) too often.

That is the mechanical way of solving this. An EE would just program a PIC to look at the receiver output like these guys did:
https://www.rcdepothobbies.com/RCDH_RETRACT_LANDING_GEAR_FOR_DJI_PHANTOM_2_p/rcdh-ph2retract.htm
(The landing gear extends or retracts by various toggling of the S2 switch.)

Cool thanks for posting that up.
I've seen some commercial retracting landing gear and they also plugged into somthing in the Naza.. Not sure what other bits and pieces they had though...
But they were able to make it when you flicked s2 or s1 X amount of times it would do something.
A PIC is abit beyond my skills lol.. it was an interesting read, thanks again :)

Kev the Frog said:
Well, I have posted a similar question a while back when I was looking at a retractable landing gear and a landing light option/project.
A simple solution would be to fit a micro limit switch to the underside of the bird, the switch would be normally open, the circuit closed when the camera is moved to it's fully down position. Run the power to the light via the switch and hey presto.
A very helpful member (City Zen) replied to me with the following idea:-
I like the programmed Pic idea, but not followed it up as yet. But take a look at the link he gave me.

Here's a thought: If you plug a servo into F2, will it also be controlled by the pitch control? If so, have a lever on the servo be able to toggle a push-on, push-off switch, such that when you pitch all the way up (or down; either way) it toggles the switch. This works as long as you don't normally pitch the camera all the way up (or down) too often.

That is the mechanical way of solving this. An EE would just program a PIC to look at the receiver output like these guys did:
https://www.rcdepothobbies.com/RCDH_RETRACT_LANDING_GEAR_FOR_DJI_PHANTOM_2_p/rcdh-ph2retract.htm
(The landing gear extends or retracts by various toggling of the S2 switch.)

Thanks for all the suggestions and advice. I got something to look forward too. Might order 2 different ones and see which one I like the best.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.