LiFePo 2s in transmitter controller tx ??

Reaction score
Has any body done this mod ? LiFePo4 2s in transmitter controller tx ?? As it is a constant 6.6 v and just seeing if it will work
Looking at the hobbyking nano tech one 2100mah 6.6 transmitter pack
Cheers in advanced

I usually like to move to rechargeables of some kind (Li-Ion preferred) but I'm getting 40+ flights over a 4 month period with just alkalines.... so to me it's not worth it on the STOCK transmitter.

Just my 2 cents

Just to clarify - are you talking about the DJI transmitter that you fly the Phantom with, or a video transmitter mounted on the Phantom itself?

It it's the former, then normal NiMH rechargeables work absolutely fine in it. There seems no reason to look for anything more sophisticated.

For the transmitter , just want a set that would give me max constant power rather the slowly dropping down as the more I fly as trying to fly further away with the help of fpvlr antennas and want everything to be working at its best and most powerful it can

There is no reduction in power, range, etc. as the batteries discharge.

The Tx, like most modern electronics, contains internal [voltage] regulation which assures consistent performance until the 'low batt' alarm level is reached.

At that point the cells should be replaced.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers