Life expectency of a P3

Expected lifespan of a new product that hasn't been out long enough to give any definitive answer other than a guess but when guesses are given, you ask for facts.

Here's the only fact about the longevity we know:

Since release, at least one has not crashed. Therefore, the proven life expectancy is (that date)+Now. That's the only definitive answer we can give you.

Reactions: Options
I had v2 for months without issue before i sold it and purchased p3.

it will last almost forever if i don't crash it.many

Well is the P3 supposed to be 'better' than the P2s?

My P2 is 14mos old with ~150 flights. No probs. so far.
I did replace the control system with Futaba about a year ago for the convenience.

But I've been flying r/c since the 70s so that helps.

Reactions: AbsPapa
My p2v+ has well over 200 flights
Only thing I did was change the shell
It's over a year old. My p3 better last longer then that

You have to stay on your toes when in the RTH mode. It might RTH through a tree or a building. RTH isn't foolproof.

Not if your RTH is set at 100M. Nothing around me is that high.

How long is a piece of string? Most people who are now into quadcopter, drones whatever you want to call them will probably own one for anything between 6months to 18months max before a new one comes out and they must have it. You could buy a brand new car, bike, motorboat that is a hell of a lot more expensive than a p3 and either crash it or have mechanicall failures in the first few weeks it happens thats life baby!!

Reactions: Options
I'm the same way - fly well within the limits and only use the extra juice in emergency situations.

Of course... I have 5 batteries :)
I'm with you have 4 with 2 more on the way with 3 I could fly almost non stop if I had access to charger power but when I'm out in location with non 6 will make a nice flight day [emoji1][emoji1]

Any sort of maintenance on the motors needed? Like spraying an oil in it ever? Anything to keep them working long-term?

No maintenance other than to keep foreign material out.

Other than bearings there's no other wearing parts and they're sealed so no oil needed and would just serve to retain dirt/dust.

A new car's life expectancy is measured in terms of miles traveled. If one were to buy a new car and it sopped running in say 20,000 miles, that car could probably be considered a bad investment. I think most folks that buy a new car would expect 150,000 or maybe 200,000 miles out of their car. That equates to about 10 years of use, obviously give or take.

A P3 is not a car. I'm going to suggest that a P3's lifespan could be measured in hours of use or maybe the number of 20 minute flights it gets in before it quits working. With that being said, what would a fair amount of flights be expected before it quits working? I would feel that at least 500 20 minute each, flights, would be fair to expect from the life of a P3.

A new car's life expectancy is measured in terms of miles traveled. If one were to buy a new car and it sopped running in say 20,000 miles, that car could probably be considered a bad investment. I think most folks that buy a new car would expect 150,000 or maybe 200,000 miles out of their car. That equates to about 10 years of use, obviously give or take.

A P3 is not a car. I'm going to suggest that a P3's lifespan could be measured in hours of use or maybe the number of 20 minute flights it gets in before it quits working. With that being said, what would a fair amount of flights be expected before it quits working? I would feel that at least 500 20 minute each, flights, would be fair to expect from the life of a P3.

If you think a car would last 10 years and you paid 10k for it.

a 1k drone would last 1 year.

My P2V+ lasted 155 flights with the original shell (10 months). Then there were some cracks at the motor mounts. I transplanted it into an old P2V shell and it lives on to this day, 14 months old. But it doesn't get out much anymore now that I have the P3. I had 150 flights on my P2V as well and it was working fine when it was sacrificed for the good of the P2V+. No crashes other than a couple of tipovers on the P2V.

Reactions: AbsPapa

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31