Lid on backwards !

Reaction score
Buddy of mine commented that my Phantom frame top was on backwards when he saw a picture of it following a Naza replacement. I checked and he was right, the recesses for the red sticker stripes proved it. But here's a good one, I have pictures from day one with the lid on that way !
I'm not going to change it now, not after it having flown so well up to this point.

So either the top was put on backwards at the factory with the GPS round the right way, or, it makes no difference which way round the lid goes...................

Any inputs on this? I know the GPS antenna is supposed to be lined up with fwd/back, but what if it IS 180deg out? How does that manifest itself?

Backwards is fine. 90 degrees is not. This is because the index marks on the prop rotation are in their proper position.

Backwards would only really matter if the Phantom had a GPS puck like the 450 or the 550. ;)

miskatonic said:
Backwards is fine. 90 degrees is not. This is because the index marks on the prop rotation are in their proper position.

Backwards would only really matter if the Phantom had a GPS puck like the 450 or the 550. ;)

Thanks buddy. Makes sense. The compass isn't moving around as it's on the leg, the puck has it onboard right. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik