Liability Insurance

Question? Does Verifly request your FAA #? I know the real estate companies in my area are now asking for verification of your license before contracting AP work

For those of you with Part 107 certification, who are you buying your liability insurance from for commercial work? Can you share your premium cost and coverage levels, along with your location (state)?

I live in South Carolina and Verify is one click for $1,000,000 liability coverage for $10. It covers you and the UAS.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

No, I don't think 100K is enough liability coverage, broker recommending 500K at least.
I can fly local, national parks, as long as I show some form of liability, doesn't specify an amount.

$100000 is the minimum required- you want 500,000 you may as well go 1,000000, 2,000,000. With lawsuits these days 500k is nothing BUT 100,000 gives you the right to fly- my broker did have cost for higher but you hit a car on a freeway, run into a plane, hit a person you better sell off the kids and dog ;)
upload_2017-1-8_0-9-34.png

Is this for a full day from Midnight to midnight? Or daybreak to dusk?
One hour for now but they are soon coming out with the ability to buy 4 and 8 hour blocks

We need you in NY bad. I just emailed the Ins commision from the link you provided. Please keep us up to date on New York. Also do you have an email newsletter that I can join for updates on what you provide?

I feel your pain. I'm somewhere east of you I'm guessing, lol can only go about 40 min further to "the end". Would be nice to buy blocks of time for multi location shoots, but just having access would be good too

I did a ton of research on commercial drone insurance. From what I discovered AIG is the largest drone insurer in the US. I got a quote for $2,500 yr for 1 million coverage.

AIG will not sell direct to anyone. You need to find a broker that deals with AIG for any insurance line... cars, home, etc. They will not know anything about drone insurance, will swear it doesn't exist, and won't give you the time of day. So you will have to press them to find out. (at least in my experience)

I had an uneasy feeling about how hard it was to press the broker that I already used for other commercial lines, just to get me a quote with leg work I dumped in his lap. Then the price was higher than the liability for my main much higher volume biz.

After a ton of work to get myself a quote... Verifly popped up on a post . I researched Verifly and thats what I am using :D

$100000 is the minimum required- you want 500,000 you may as well go 1,000000, 2,000,000. With lawsuits these days 500k is nothing BUT 100,000 gives you the right to fly- my broker did have cost for higher but you hit a car on a freeway, run into a plane, hit a person you better sell off the kids and dog ;)
View attachment 72773
Hi ResOps , Who is this with?

I want to put my phantom 4 on my house insurance. My insurance company asks if I would submit an appraisal on the drone. Does anyone know where I could get this? Or has anyone had to do this?

The Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association is now providing sUAV insurance. They also now have memberships specifically for sUAV operators that include legal protection plans (not insurance).

Drones - AOPA Insurance

Seems to be quite a bit of mixing up drone (property) insurance - physical damage to one's drone, and, liability Insurance - damage to person Etc. I'm no insurance guru but these are different things, with differing risk and cost profiles, and with differing national laws and norms. Tread carefully folk, get local independent advice based on your need, not because someone else did. This is really important stuff, just like life insurance is.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hello,

I know this thread is very old, but I can definitely help in this arena. If you are looking for commercial UAV coverage, and do not want to use Verifly (or can't), you need to contact an aviation specific insurance broker (I happen to be one!). As for hobbyists, I still cannot find a company that will insure a UAV that is used only for recreation. I hear people talking about their homeowner's insurance covering damage to the UAV itself but liability is tough, if not impossible, to come by. It is a shame because I would like to have hobbyist liability coverage when I fly my P3P.

Currently, there are a handful of aviation insurance companies that are insuring commercial UAV operations (Global Aerospace, USSIC, AIG Aerospace, USAIG, Berkeley Aviation, and Allianz). I currently insure about 150+ commercial UAV operations and it is growing everyday. In my humble opinion, Global Aerospace and USSIC standout as the top UAV insurance providers. Earlier this year, Global Aerospace created an Online UAS Insurance Portal. This allows the COMMERCIAL UAS operator to request a quote directly from Global through a broker's website. I have provided a link below. Please feel free to give it a try.

Get An Online UAS Insurance Quote Now!

Also, if anyone can locate an insurance company that provides liability for hobbyists, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Joe Ernster
[email protected]

As for hobbyists, I still cannot find a company that will insure a UAV that is used only for recreation. I hear people talking about their homeowner's insurance covering damage to the UAV itself but liability is tough, if not impossible, to come by. It is a shame because I would like to have hobbyist liability coverage when I fly my P3P.

You have it backwards, homeowner's or renter's insurance is more likely to cover liability than hull (outside of possibly from theft or destruction of your residence) for a hobbyist flyer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31