Liability Insurance and interesting questions...

Reaction score
I am pricing out liability insurance for my company's use of a drone... Here is an interesting question that I am not sure as to how to answer. Perhaps you can give me some guidance or point me to a boilerplate example.

They want to know:

"What are your procedures to control the publication of data or images?"

Copyright? Watermark? I keep them on an SD card that never leaves the safe?

I don't think those are the things they are asking about

I would just say that after every flight, every photo and every frame of video is reviewed personally (by you) for any possible privacy issues and any footage or photo that you determine to be questionable is moved to a different folder on your computer, or deleted outright.

Later on, prior to publishing anything, the content that is about to be published is subjected to a second review for suitability. And you might add that all photos and videos are subject to a copyright (owned by you) and embedded into the files EXIF data - and visible on parts of every photo or video which gets published. The copyright prohibits any re-use or re-distribution without first contacting you.

But who's asking and why?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

An insurance company is asking. I think your post sets me in the right direction. Thanks

Hello,

I am an aviation insurance broker that brokers many UAV policies. When they ask this question, they are looking for specifics about how you protect the data that you collect. I am not very knowledgeable about IT, but i have seen answers like "data encryption, password security, and limited users with access." They just want to make sure that you are taking some steps in order to protect the data that you are collecting. I am sure some people that are in IT Security can elaborate on protecting data. But that is what the insurance company is asking about.

Thanks,

Joe Ernster
Bullock Agency, Inc.
[email protected]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav