Letting Phantom Warmup - Does it use much battery?

Reaction score
Dumb question, but thought I would ask anyway.

If you plug the battery into the Phantom and let it sit for a few minutes while it warms up and gets a solid GPS lock, is this going to make much of a significant impact on your flight time? I know the Phantom would only be using a fraction of the power that it would if it was flying, but I was a little curious about this. I had read that one guy plugs the battery in, then goes into his house and leaves it sitting there for something like 5 minutes and when he returns, it's good to go.

I wouldnt think so.

I normally get 6 mins flight time and I was trying to run a battery down by just letting it sit idle with the props spinning. Took over 45 minutes before the low battery warning came on.

So if props spinning takes that long then Im sure doing nothing would take even longer.

Besides, letting it get a full lock is better than the alternative of a flyaway.

Having satellite lock is no guarantee of preventing a flyaway, by the way. As I an others can attest to.

Preacher said:
Besides, letting it get a full lock is better than the alternative of a flyaway.

You betcha Preacher. I figure that it shouldn't burn too much battery while sitting idle, but thought I would check to see if (at all) it would affect flight time. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers