Let's see your fvp set up on the phantom 2

krb said:
That seems....portable. :D

Haha!, I picked it up at a pawn shop for $95 the other day! I fly with a bunch of airplane dudes on Sundays and we are out there for like 4-5 hours at a time so it's not that bad (we have electricity at our airfield). People end up gathering around the TV telling me where to fly!

Very fun! :D

Anticipate said:
PitStop said:
BenDronePilot said:
Though you clearly have no idea of the video and picture quality the Phantom 2 Vision Camera produces. Having shot many videos in different areas and lighting conditions, and comparing that footage to footage i've seen of GoPro Hero and Hero 3 Black Cameras, as well as the input I've heard from other owners of both camera system. I can honestly say that the Phantom 2 Vision camera in daylight conditions is easily comparable to GoPro Hero 3 Black camera footage.

I owned the Vision for a week before the P2 came out and I was able to shoot some video around my house. I ended up returning/trading-in my Vision for the P2 and am now flying the P2/Zenmuse/Hero3Black. I have compared the videos of the two with similar daytime (light) conditions and IMO the GoPro Video is noticeably superior to the Vision. However, IMO the Vision takes slightly better stills.

just my 2 cents

I shoot video for a living and I too found the Vision footage lacking. The GoPro Hero 3 black specifically, when shot in ProTune LOG mode and then color corrected and graded offers significantly more dynamic range and image detail. I wouldn't say the Hero 3 black is great in low light by any means, but it's usable.

I can't speak for stills but the Hero 3 Black looked great in bright light. It's no 5D mark III but it's nice for the view.

I would agree with Both of you. I also have both a Vision and a Phantom 2. One other issue I see with the Vision is the fisheye effect which I have to process out of the videos. While this may *seem* minor it isn't, takes time and software to "fix" what shouldn't have been a problem to begin with. Hero3+ technically is a superior camera setup, it has more options and does tend to produce a higher quality video. Vision is a very nice camera, does very well and does a very nice job on stills - which Hero3+ doesn't do on demand.

Honestly, I am a bit disappointed with the Vision. Someone on this forum said it best; The Vision is a culmination of compromises. All that said, I keep both (for now) because the Vision does some very nice stills and FPV. However I just ordered up AVL58,IOSD and waypoint.. Which may eliminate everything but stills... So we shall see...

hi im a bit of a newbie to this, i have a p2 zenmuse gimbal and gopro3+, im just confused why anyone would buy the vision, then want to have a brushless gimbal installed, then upgrade tx range and fpv range, wouldnt it be easier to buy a non vision in the first place ?

shortyuk said:
hi im a bit of a newbie to this, i have a p2 zenmuse gimbal and gopro3+, im just confused why anyone would buy the vision, then want to have a brushless gimbal installed, then upgrade tx range and fpv range, wouldnt it be easier to buy a non vision in the first place ?

Well the P2 wasnt available earlier.
But ultimately i think the answer to your question is Yes, at this point in time.

If you arent satisfied with the Vision and its limitations, then I think it makes more sense to just get the P2 w/gimbal, then add a Gopro 3 BE (3+ if you want, but the difference is negligible), Fatshark with circular polarized antennas, and a mini iOSD. Cost for all this is around $1500. Thats the cost of Vision plus a gimbal.

The advantages are:
Goggles vs. small iphone screen.
Much greater control flight range. (1000m vs 500m)
Greater FPV range. (300m vs probably 1km)
Gopro can shoot in 2.7k@30fps and 720p @120fps, both of which are useful for aerial. Vision can do neither. Also Protune footage is much better for post.

thanks for clearing that up, ive been flying rc fixed wing for a few years but nothing has given me the satisfaction that flying the p2 has, the video from the gopro on a 1080 tv is stunning, after a little contrast and sharpening, i just wished it looked as good on youtube, i always get a bit of a stutter when i play in hd on youtube. one thing i would love to know though about the phantom2 is it normal to have a slight rattle if you shake it, i read about the cirlips on the motors so i took the cover off mine to inspect it, i cant find anything loose or broken, the rattle seems to come from the rx, is there any moving parts for the gyro etc?

yes im getting 1km with the avl58, only problem i have is when i turn 180, then the signal breaks up, i was wondering if different antenna would be better

shortyuk said:
yes im getting 1km with the avl58, only problem i have is when i turn 180, then the signal breaks up, i was wondering if different antenna would be better

I have the same issue with the fatshark 5.8 250mw and cp antenna. I'm thinking about relocating cp antenna just not sure where.

To compensate, if I am out beyond 700m, I keep the relative position of the nose between 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock. Not convenient at all.

I wonder if the gimbal/gopro are somehow interfering w line of site vTx....even when the relative height is in excess of 45m. Even pointed at 6 o'clock I would think I have clear los at that height relative to rc and vrx position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starting new thread on my set up

asasesaj.jpg

Ozon8r said:
shortyuk said:

I have the same issue with the fatshark 5.8 250mw and cp antenna. I'm thinking about relocating cp antenna just not sure where.

To compensate, if I am out beyond 700m, I keep the relative position of the nose between 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock. Not convenient at all.

I wonder if the gimbal/gopro are somehow interfering w line of site vTx....even when the relative height is in excess of 45m. Even pointed at 6 o'clock I would think I have clear los at that height relative to rc and vrx position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, get exactly same as well. I've got a 200mW vtx and I can get over 1.2k but once I rotate the phantom to,face back to fly home, I loose the Image :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen