Lets collaborate on how to fix a P3P gimbal/camera

Reaction score
So heres the thing,
After last fw update, my P3P camera live feed stopped working, and update logfile tells me that it cannot connect or find device, therefore every update fails.
Camera and gimbal is physically working fine, it moves as it should, and takes records photos, but ill have to put the memory card into a comp to view them.
When using app i get no connection message on top, but that could also be due to unfinished fw update.
Actually everything here can be caused by the unsuccessful update, but as long as the log tells me it cannot connect with device, i have to work on connection theories here.

First up is the flat ribbon cable, if its damaged, then gimbal shouldnt work properly, or be able to take pics, so...
Whats next, gimbal mainboard?
Or any other smart theories, or even better, anyone else with similar problem that fixed it?

Reactions: Droneted
Gimbal initializes correctly & I assume you can manually take a photo, but as far as the Phantom is concerned the camera/gimbal it isn't connected? You are doing an update from the app or by installing a card with update BIN in the gimbal?

So heres the thing,
After last fw update, my P3P camera live feed stopped working, and update logfile tells me that it cannot connect or find device, therefore every update fails.
Camera and gimbal is physically working fine, it moves as it should, and takes records photos, but ill have to put the memory card into a comp to view them.
When using app i get no connection message on top, but that could also be due to unfinished fw update.
Actually everything here can be caused by the unsuccessful update, but as long as the log tells me it cannot connect with device, i have to work on connection theories here.

First up is the flat ribbon cable, if its damaged, then gimbal shouldnt work properly, or be able to take pics, so...
Whats next, gimbal mainboard?
Or any other smart theories, or even better, anyone else with similar problem that fixed it?

How long is your IMU warm up times??

Did you update both the controller and the aircraft. They need to both be done
When I got my PSA at Christmas I was having trouble until I got updated controller and aircraft update

Gimbal initializes correctly & I assume you can manually take a photo, but as far as the Phantom is concerned the camera/gimbal it isn't connected? You are doing an update from the app or by installing a card with update BIN in the gimbal?

I updated with sd card, two different ones, both formated in phantom.

Yes, update log tells me that its not connected, or cannot find device, thats why update never succeed or finish properly

So the Phantom is reading the SD card & attempting to update? Are the connectors in the gimbal securely connected? Has the aircraft been crashed where something may have been knocked loose?

I updated with sd card, two different ones, both formated in phantom.

Yes, update log tells me that its not connected, or cannot find device, thats why update never succeed or finish properly

One of the two white ribbon cables at the very top of the gimbal loose?

So the Phantom is reading the SD card & attempting to update? Are the connectors in the gimbal securely connected? Has the aircraft been crashed where something may have been knocked loose?

Yes, update starts, and fails after about 10 mins.
White cables are okay, tried to move gimbal over to a brand new Advance and executed a pro fw update on that, also with the Adv white cables, still the same problem, that means the problem is somewhere after the white cable connectors and om the gimbal site

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj