Lets briefly talk about the "best" settings for my camera......

Reaction score
I often read or hear You Tube videos talk about "best" settings. For example.....take down the sharpness setting to -2 or do this or do that........

What does these settings really do? They adjust the output look and feel of the JPEG file. Nothing on the equivalent RAW changes. Great news or not!!

That means I can tailor my JPEG on the drone the way I like it to be. Ultimately that is why we have the JPEG option. My advice is go adjust the "JPEG" settings the way you like the image to be.....if you like a little more sharpness then up the sharpness, do you like a little more contrast or saturation then do it.

When you home and you like to really get into manipulating the images, then open the RAW files in Lightroom or Photoshop and have a ball.......

The last thing you want to do is to produce flat non interesting JPEG files you need to go edit in Photoshop to make them look like something......

There are one problem though....... DJI did not separate video and Images. What you do for your JPEG files will impact the video too. Now it is true DJI that photographers and videographers do like different settings for their video and images......

What you could do to have a quick fix is the following. Use the build in filters or the None setting for the color setting when you take images. When you want to video then set the color setting to D-Log..... this will neutralize the color profiles but not adjust sharpness or contrast or saturation....it is therefore important to keep these (sharpness....) to a minimum until you really OK with the image quality (JPEG output) Once this is OK, the video will also be good.

Finally I like the DJI transcoder for video. Well done DJI....good thought..... As you download you video, transcode the files and save the transcoded files in a separate folder. (This is like developing a image RAW file)

So finally.....pls do not listen to those who tell you these are best settings..... As an artist, the JPEG look is yours, make them yours and adjust for your taste.

Siegfried

Reactions: eaglegoaltender
What you could do to have a quick fix is the following. Use the build in filters or the None setting for the color setting when you take images. When you want to video then set the color setting to D-Log..... this will neutralize the color profiles but not adjust sharpness or contrast or saturation....it is therefore important to keep these (sharpness....) to a minimum until you really OK with the image quality (JPEG output) Once this is OK, the video will also be good.

Great info Siegfried, I agree not everyone's eye and not everyone's likes are the same, and as such we should treat our "productions" for personal use to meet our own likes! Thank you for the info.

Finally I like the DJI transcoder for video. Well done DJI....good thought..... As you download you video, transcode the files and save the transcoded files in a separate folder. (This is like developing a image RAW file)

Hey now that is something positive from you for DJI - yea!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor