Lesson Learned

Reaction score
For all you newbie flyers remember this or you might have a wasted journey with 2 very wet feet as I have just had.

When you download the app to your device, make sure you connect to DJI and register while you have wifi, as numpty bollocks here had forgotten to reopen the app after I had reinstalled it, then went into the middle of nowhere at 6am to film along a river only to find that when I tried to open the app it asked me for the login details and as I had no wifi I got the dreaded "timeout" message and could not connect. No app, no camera, no sod all, very angry and peed off.

Wasted journey and 2 very soaking wet feet.

So learn from that and check you have done your intial login to the app so it opens automatically the next time you are in the middle of nowhere with no wifi except the phantoms.

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....... :oops:

pyrophantom said:
For all you newbie flyers remember this or you might have a wasted journey with 2 very wet feet as I have just had.

When you download the app to your device, make sure you connect to DJI and register while you have wifi, as numpty bollocks here had forgotten to reopen the app after I had reinstalled it, then went into the middle of nowhere at 6am to film along a river only to find that when I tried to open the app it asked me for the login details and as I had no wifi I got the dreaded "timeout" message and could not connect. No app, no camera, no sod all, very angry and peed off.

Wasted journey and 2 very soaking wet feet.

So learn from that and check you have done your intial login to the app so it opens automatically the next time you are in the middle of nowhere with no wifi except the phantoms.

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....... :oops:

Oh my that's horrible. The app should let you in if there is no connection to the authentication server.

Does anyone know why we need to authenticate on this app? It just seems odd to me that I need to have an account with DJI to fly a quad. What data are they collecting?

It does let you in once you have done your original first login, its if you then logout or reinstall it that you need to remember to do it before you set off into the back and beyond.

:roll:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj