Lesser known no fly zones

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good app or database of no fly zones that includes lesser known ones? For example in central California most of the coastline is part of a marine sanctuary (like 50 miles) and I would not have even known about their rules for flying if I hadn't gone directly to their website and found out that you're not supposed to fly under 1000 feet there due to the potential disturbance of wildlife.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

553ed3bb91a692b64665b67eec3a4128.jpg

Hover app. I've got it on my iPhone. It's got National Parks/monuments/NRs and I see a lot of red areas along the CA coast. It allows you to click on the area for a bit more info.

And stay out of Area 51. They've got a dreadful green deathray that'll fry your bird like cheap cheese in a greasy-hot cast-iron pan.

S

Yeah I have hover and b4ufly and niether shows anything about the huge marine sanctuary

I get allot of errors and bugs now too

Is that area specifically in regards to planes though since they are so loud? UAV are unlikely to keep a minimum altitude of 1,000ft. Wonder if they need to update clarify.

Nothing on B4Ufly for me, but maybe it's broken because that is too far away? They need to consolidate and make one definitive app/map that actually WORKS for us to take their NFZ's seriously.

Hover shows red area along SF but not near Santa Cruz. B4ufly nothing.

289a64632f6754cdb25fdb6dfeadcc9a.jpg
94bb9a631277bbd3e2e02606d94e1460.jpg

Last edited:
I found this one called drone buddy. Very similar to hover, but the map seams much cleaner. If you enable national parks and military bases its pretty nice. Only difference from hover app I can see it drone buddy doesn't show allot of the tiny municipal airports that may have little to no traffic on any given day
213b3507787092008cc2c4c7b053faae.jpg

Try drone buddy it's like hover but a better color

I use Hover. Its good for showing you how many, many, many NFZ's there are. If you zoom it out so you can see the whole US you wonder where we can fly.

Reactions: jointeffort
f88aa8b7c63c616efe884525e0ce746e.jpg

So it does apply to me

That's kind of a crappy way to put it, " capacity for disturbing".

I would ignore that letter completely. I'm finding lots of haters. I saw several videos on you tube about a local beach and park in my area. So I call them up yesterday and they tell me no not to fly there. Yet I see A Zillow flights there online. 2 miles out in the ocean. What the hell. Can't be a better place not to disturb anyone or anything. So I'm gonna do it anyway. And see the outcome. Sick of everyone wanting to be a bureaucrat.

I understand it to a point. I would feel shitty running into one of the 45 California condors left in the world. But that's a big area.

I would ignore that letter completely. I'm finding lots of haters. I saw several videos on you tube about a local beach and park in my area. So I call them up yesterday and they tell me no not to fly there. Yet I see A Zillow flights there online. 2 miles out in the ocean. What the hell. Can't be a better place not to disturb anyone or anything. So I'm gonna do it anyway. And see the outcome. Sick of everyone wanting to be a bureaucrat.

A few of us fly over Huntington Beach beaches almost daily sunset just across from Dairy Queen

Check out this no fly zone around the super bowl, crazy big
3f83fa8bde80b9db91cf2f7de652c7f5.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues