Less range since update?

Reaction score
Ive noticed less range since that latest update and it loses signal strength then it gets strong again. any ideas or is t his the update?

I didn't update because I feared they would reduce range intentionally to match the performance of the P4.. Then I thought no way.. I'm betting it is just environment.

I keep getting out so far and losing signal and regaining it like shown in pic

Attachments

• 20160411_205459.jpg
    20160411_205459.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 540
I was having downlink issues after latest firmware flash. In my case I found the go app was on a fixed channel.

I reset to auto and no issues since.

Sometimes I've found there's no reason to losing the link even where, as in my case, I've been honing my skills in the same place for almost a month. Nothing different, just happens.

I posted this in another thread but minutes after my new upgrades finished I flew further than I've ever been. Stock P3P to 11,380 feet. Previous best was right at 10K.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Not flat at all but this particular spot near my house I have great line of sight. Can probably see for 4 to 5 miles.

A few times I had weak image transmission signals but it always cleared right up. It seemed to almost stop at one point and wouldn't let me push it further I'll have to check my distance settings. At that same point I got a 'collision warning' which I had never seen before.

I have the same issue. Since the update I cannot get past 1600 meters. I used to go 3500 plus meters before the update. The only other thing I can think of is it has been cloudy here since that time also. Not sure it has been cloudy the whole time but pretty sure it has been. Hard to believe clouds can cut my range by more than half. I fly in the same place as before. Anyone else?

I used to be able to go out over 9K now I'm lucky to get out 6K. This is flying in an open area with no signal interference. I don't get it.

DJI is encrypting the signal with the new updates. So the same signal takes more bandwidth.

As the P3 goes further out the available bandwidth decreases.

Ive noticed less range since that latest update and it loses signal strength then it gets strong again. any ideas or is t his the update?
This can happen from a number of thing like Interference. Getting behind something like a tree. A change in altitude.

I used to be able to go out over 9K now I'm lucky to get out 6K. This is flying in an open area with no signal interference. I don't get it.
When you say 9k, do you mean feet or meters? I have trouble getting 3000 meters in my area. I am in a very congested area but have noticed a significant reduction in distance in the last 2-3 months.

When you say 9k, do you mean feet or meters? I have trouble getting 3000 meters in my area. I am in a very congested area but have noticed a significant reduction in distance in the last 2-3 months.
Remove all those green thingies from all the trees in your flight path that weren't there 2-3 months ago.
We don't have that problem in the desert!

One other suggestion, you could reduce your downlink data rate if it is currently at a higher setting.

Can you explain where and how to do this, I searched the forum and looked around for a long time on the DJI Go app and couldn't find this setting.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4