LEO Job

Reaction score
Guys, need some help, I'm a part Deputy Sheriff, I,m also a manned aircraft pilot, presently I'm flying a p3standard, the Sheriff's office wants me to be available to assist the, in tracking,and search and rescue,and an occasional drug patch,so Im thinking about the Inspire 1,as well as use the p3 also, any ideas....thanks.

Guys, need some help, I'm a part Deputy Sheriff, I,m also a manned aircraft pilot, presently I'm flying a p3standard, the Sheriff's office wants me to be available to assist the, in tracking,and search and rescue,and an occasional drug patch,so Im thinking about the Inspire 1,as well as use the p3 also, any ideas....thanks.

I'm retired LEO and I use the DJI 3/4K l

ove the camera great pice and easy to down load,

North Texas area

If you can afford the Inspire, go that route. Inspire and P3P are similar in function except with inspire you can rotate the gimbal independent of the aircraft heading. You can also use two controllers, one to fly the aircraft, the other to control the camera.
I think you can also change cameras.

Tell your department to get you a 107 license while they're at it.

Tell your department to get you a 107 license while they're at it.
Agree, there is some wording in the rules about "Public Use" but that refers to public ally owned aircraft being used for general use. Using your aircraft even as a public service is considered commercial requiring a Part 107 certificate.

We fly the Matrice 100 at my department. But that was also department purchased and we have about 16K invested in it between the zoom camera and FLIR. I think a lot will depend on how much use it will actually get. Ours is still in its infancy but is already getting a lot of use. So much in fact that we are purchasing 5 more. I'm lucky enough to fly one of the new ones as soon as I take the 107 test.

Make sure you follow FAA regs for local official use of sUAS. Requires certifications.

I'm retired LEO, and I'd love to go back to duty if I could fly drones for our various needs. My former agency has no drone plan, but if I proposed a plan for them AND had my FAA certification, I bet I could at least get the program started at a volunteer level and go from there.

I'd want to start with a professional level bird first which can fly in wind and rain, and it would be PERFECT if it had FLIR capability, a decent range both battery wise and distance for rock solid connection. A professional software suite with grid mapping/search would be a plus a long with the software to assemble the mapping images.

This is out there but already so I just would not show up to the table with anything less.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1