Lens Hood

ysygery8.jpg

My final part from shapeways just showed up. Just the way I wanted it. 5 grams plus the weight of the rubber band. Flight testing this weekend, but I don't anticipate any problems given how many iterations I tested along the way.

I got the lens hood today I linked on amazon that looked a lot like skips.

The good new is it fits perfectly. I hadn't put this together at the time but the lens kit will let you screw in just about any 46mm lens hood. The threads for the filter are identical to the hood. Plus the filter has threads to attach the hood to the filter.

Bad news is that the hood I got is not for wide angle lenses so you can see the **** hood in the picture. (Same problem Dez and up we're talking about)

Now I need to find a hood for wide angle lenses that not so bulky it will interfere with the movement of the gimbal. Wish me luck. Any suggestions are welcome.

Mine's up on shapeways.com if anyone is interested:

http://shpws.me/rhpa

No direct sun for with/without tests this weekend, but I got good results from the identically shaped prototype. I'll post some tests as soon as weather and schedules permit

I've tried 3 lens hoods so far, but I haven't found one that wide angle enough to now show up in the view. I'm starting to think this is a lost cause... maybe I'll just get this custom one!

dataway said:
Printed this one on my 3D printer snaps right on the camera. I have not tested it yet but will give it a try and report back.

I had your design printed at "shapeways.com" and it doesn't fit my P2V camera at all. It's very loose. I'll have to measure it to see exactly how loose, but it's not even close to fitting...

-slinger

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl