lens for Fatshark goggles

Reaction score
I have the fatshark predator v2 fpv setup. I wear reading glasses. Has anyone here bought the corrective lens for them and how good are they?

You will not need corrective lenses if you are nearsighted.

The Fat shark lenses are designed so that the screen 'appears' to your eyes to be several feet away. The focal point is such that your eyeball will focus on a distant point rather than a very close one.

Although that sounds a bit strange since the goggles are perched on your nose the image itself is not - If that makes sense?!

I use 3 diopter reading glasses for close up stuff about two feet away and about 1.5 to see clearly far away....so would the corrective lens help me. I don't understand the - and + meanings. I took some cheap reading glasses ...1.5 strength and modified them to fit in my goggles and I can see better but they are not in the the lens slots but just in the eye cups. I think if they were in closer to the screens they would be better. Not sure if it would make a difference.

The "-" means the correction is for near sighted, in other words can't see an object far away.

"+"means far sighted, so that seeing something close is difficult, but far away is no problem.

I am near sighted, but my correction is around -3 which is right inbetween the diopter lens inserts, so I didn't buy them so far. I've read that they aren't much use if the don't closely match your correction, but I've not tired -2 or -4 glasses so I can't say for sure.

I'm interested to know what people that have the diopter inserts that don't match their correction think. I'm happy with contact lenses so far :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20