Lens Filter Mounting Kit bolts stripped [Fixed: Human error]

Reaction score
I had installed the DJI Lens Filter Mounting Kit a few weeks ago with not problem. I then ordered the "Signs of Life" black matte sticker to cut down on the glare. When I tried to remove the Lens Filter Mount using the hex wrench, both of the hex bolts ended up stripped and now I can't remove them. Obviously I'll need to get replacement bolts, but any suggestions on how to best remove the stripped ones?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Lens Filter Mounting Kit bolts stripped...

This may sound silly did you put the hex in the wrong holes, as the two into the camera from the frame are the screwdriver and then the two lugs on the rear side hex key, to remove just the filter bit, I'm just saying as I stuck the hex key in the wrong hole doing the same thing, but realised straight away I was in the wrong place.?

Re: Lens Filter Mounting Kit bolts stripped...

Well that was embarrassing. Yup, that's exactly what I did. Thank you very much. Feel like an idiot.
I'll leave this post so that others can learn from my mistake and your correction. :)

Re: Lens Filter Mounting Kit bolts stripped [Fixed: Human er

I fitted the signs of life matt stickers no probs without removing the filter holder...

Re: Lens Filter Mounting Kit bolts stripped [Fixed: Human er

I stripped the head of one of the bolts as well, though didn't make a screwdriver/hex mistake in my case. Though I did obviously make some error in allowing the bolts to be stripped. Honestly, I blame that stupid little tool that came with the lens filter kit. I don't know why I ever used that piece of crap, when I had a proper hex driver right beside me.

Unfortunately, since it's a custom style bolt, I'll need to order another one. Did you find any place to order this from, or am I stuck having to order a whole new kit again?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers