Lens Cover Stuck

Reaction score
Hi. I just received my DJI Phantom 3 Standard and I can't get the lens cover/cap off. Please help.

You can gently work it off but I agree it's tough to get off and install. I ended up cutting mine down so it's easier to remove.

Mine didn't come with a cap .Piece of clear plastic over it .
Done got robbed again :(
Welcome to the forum nick .

Mine didn't come with a cap .Piece of clear plastic over it .
Done got robbed again :(
Welcome to the forum nick .

Still looking for my cap....clear plastic only for me.

Reactions: dirkclod
Still looking for my cap....clear plastic only for me.
You to huh :)
I didn't only not get one I paid 699 for mine .
That's cool though ;)

You to huh :)
I didn't only not get one I paid 699 for mine .
That's cool though ;)

If they get any cheaper people will just buy a new one vs replacing the gimbel when it breaks..

If they get any cheaper people will just buy a new one vs replacing the gimbel when it breaks..
Maybe it's time to buy a spare ;)

Reactions: GaDrone
have someone hold the camera and gimbal and when youre pulling on the cap try to twist it a little. we ended up having to use a knife to wedge it off.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The cap is horrible. I was actually surprised to see DJI ship something that fit so poorly considering that they are usually pretty good at getting the details just right.

I'm using Nathan's 3D printed cap. It's made of a soft, flexible plastic and is easy to install/remove.

This happened with me too. Try twisting instead of pulling. You may have to help it by prying. I used something plastic to help assist me.

After I got it off, I cut 2 opposing slits in it to prevent it getting stuck in the future. It still fits snug.

I cut 2 opposing slits in it to prevent it getting stuck in the future. It still fits snug.
I did this and it helps. IMG_0002.JPG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers