Lens cover removed

wju

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've been trying to remove the lens cover on my phantom 3 pro to no success. I have some Polar Pro lens I'd like to try but just can't remove the stock one that came with it. I've tried the rubber glove and just my hand to no avail. I don't want to break it. Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Try rotating it to the left with as little pressure as possible. If you feel like you are going to break it, then you are squeezing it too hard.

Reactions: Jtrjr
Apply uniform pressure on all sides, may be use latex gloves or ladies fingers :)

Its a delicate item, take care.

Many many people have had the same problem.

The key is to turn without squeezing the sides... I got mine off using a rubber band. Others have used the rubber sole of a shoe against the front of the cover..lastly some have used the prop wrench ( I don't recommend this method) .

It really is about using less pressure against the sides.. Too much pressure makes it harder to get it off.

I used the prop wrench, it provides enough rubber surface to do the job. Easy peasy. Just don't squeeze too hard and even let it slip a little. It will eventually spin off.

Or them things you have to open jars i have one that fits all different sizes including the filter

Reactions: Reed L
lastly some have used the prop wrench ( I don't recommend this method) .

Mojo,

The prop wrench works very well as long as you just grab the very outer edge of the filter as shown in the video. Very little pressure is required and it comes right off. Try it next time! ;)

Jerry

You will not believe how easy it comes off but as others have stated very, very light pressure.
I struggled for 2 days with rubber gloves, the prop wrench, elastic band, etc...and then holly crap i just used my thumb and finger and off it came.

Last edited:
That was it, thx I was squeezing it too hard.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've been trying to remove for over 2weeks. All sorts of pressure, prop tool, gloves NOTHING! WTF

I've been trying to remove for over 2weeks. All sorts of pressure, prop tool, gloves NOTHING! WTF
More matter of grip and torque than force applied. The first time I was even not sure if it can be removed or if the thread was an inverted one. Come to this forum and bingo, the grip with an elastic band and the minimum of pressure as the ring is so fine that your force will make the thread to more lock due to friction as the ring will deform. Try to use the maximum surface possible with the best grip possible and apply torque (rotation) with just the minimum of force as needed. Try to use as much fingers as possible.

Prop wrench worked for me, two week old bird. Tried rubber band, rubber gloves, pushing only on glass and trying turn, light pressure all to no avail. Popped the prop wrench over the top minimal force and it started to move.

I just went through this, I tried gloves, rubber bands, small strips of duct tape, electrical tape. I tried the "light touch" no squeezing the lens. I didn't have a prop wrench but I was ready to use a sledge hammer, nothing worked. Finally I read somewhere to apply some light weight machine oil or even cooking spray to the seam of the lens and let it be for an hour or so. I let it sit, then wiped off the oil from the lens. I then tried the same rubber gloves I had tried 10 times before and it screwed right off with no effort. I put away the hammer. :)

Sorry if this is a well known thing, but is there any improvement in the camera with the default UV filter off? I know with normal camera its a no-no for dusk filming

Rubber band worked for me. I used a thin one and put it around the lens cover twice. I didn't apply much pressure and it came straight off.

Out Droning Photography

• Instagram: @out_droning
• Facebook.com/outdroningphotography

Ziptie method -
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.