Lens correction not working for DNG files in Adobe Lightroom

Re: Lens correction not working for DNG files in Adobe Light

ResevorDG said:
So it looks like your file is still jpg only.

The file is actually in two places on a mac. Perhaps you modified the wrong one.

There is this one.
/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0/DJI/PHANTOM VISION FC200.lcp

and this one
/Users/UserName/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0/PHANTOM VISION FC200.lcp

Just modify both to say "True" Then restart your computer.

Brilliant, this worked. Now I can work with the RAW file.
Little disappointed at the quality, maybe I'm being pedantic, used to using my pro DSLR camera with £1500 lenses

dtdyer01 said:
ResevorDG said:

The file is actually in two places on a mac. Perhaps you modified the wrong one.

There is this one.
/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0/DJI/PHANTOM VISION FC200.lcp

and this one
/Users/UserName/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0/PHANTOM VISION FC200.lcp

Little disappointed at the quality, maybe I'm being pedantic, used to using my pro DSLR camera with £1500 lenses

I agree, I shoot on a high end DSLR with the best lenses made so I not so happy with the quality compared to what I normally do, but for what it is, it's great.

One of these days I will have to get the S1000 and put a 5Diii with L glass on it. But until I am ready to pop 8 to 12 grand into the sky I am happy with my P2V.

tedw123 said:
Thanks, although if I try to open the lcp file itself I cannot, Windows will not let me open the file to edit.
First, this is a plain text file - so you should just start Notepad, then open & edit this file.

Second, if you're trying to edit the copy installed by Adobe (as part of ACR 8.3 or Lightroom 5.3) then it's probably set to READ-ONLY and can't be modified (without changing file attributes, etc). Better to download the separate file from DJI, and copy it to the proper folder for user-customized lens profiles:

(for Windows) C:\Users\<YOUR USER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0

It can be easily edited there, and your changes won't get over-written by updates from Adobe.

dtdyer01 said:
Did you seriously expect the quality of a £100 web cam to be anywhere near pro-DSLR-plus-prime lens quality?

For what it is, I think the P2V camera is pretty good - as long as you got a decent copy without misaligned focus or bad sensor artifacts. And having RAW editing support makes it actually quite usable.

ResevorDG said:

There is this one.

and this one

Just so people know - the first location is where Adobe puts all of its factory-supplied lens profiles. If customize anything here - your changes will likely get overwritten the next time you update your Adobe software.

The second location is the proper one for user-customized lens profiles. They will not get overwritten by Adobe updates.

Bïlly said:
New ACR includes the Vision lens profile.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8641
Cool, it's still a release-candidate (aka Beta) version - but this is sooner than I thought we would see an ACR 8.4 update. Thanks.

Edit - this Adobe Camera RAW (ACR) 8.4 beta release adds DNG/RAW support for the P2V camera Lens Profile. The lens profile in the previous ACR 8.3 release only supported JPEG files for the P2V camera.

jimre said:
Did you seriously expect the quality of a £100 web cam to be anywhere near pro-DSLR-plus-prime lens quality?

For what it is, I think the P2V camera is pretty good - as long as you got a decent copy without misaligned focus or bad sensor artifacts. And having RAW editing support makes it actually quite usable.

TBH I thought it would be on a par with my GoPro HD3 Black, but I guess GoPro uses a higher sensor quality.
But yes working with RAW, you can still make an ok'ish' image.
Also to be fair even a entry level Nikon 3100 which is around £100 is a lot better.

2 sided coin

dtdyer01 said:
jimre said:

TBH I thought it would be on a par with my GoPro HD3 Black, but I guess GoPro uses a higher sensor quality.
But yes working with RAW, you can still make an ok'ish' image.
Also to be fair even a entry level Nikon 3100 which is around £100 is a lot better.

2 sided coin
From what I've seen, stills on the P2V are as good or better than GoPro. And GoPro does not have RAW format for stills, just JPEG.

I do believe GoPro video is *much* better-quality than P2V, however. Much higher compression bitrates, pro-style flat color & sharpening profiles geared for post-production, and even some limited 2K and 4K options.

If you're in the market for a 2 axis gimbal then the rotorpixel will have a GoPro adapter as an add-on. You'd have to fly blind with no app, fpv or telemetry, of course, but if you've got a GoPro already you could swap it out for video vs stills...

I have been thinking about this a bit. I ordered the Rotorpixel gimbal. If I put a GoPro on it, how will I get FPV.
Is there a transmitter out there that won't mess with the gimbal?
Or.... I know some people have had luck using the GoPro wifi in close range. I know its on the same 5.8GHz as the transmitter. When you use the GoPro Wifi while flying, are you risking a flyaway?

No, wifi is 2.4GHz. That's also the usual control frequency for most RC. That's why DJI had to innovate a 5.8GHz control system to avoid interference. So GoPro wifi would be fine (if a little short range). Or you could look at a 2.4GHz FPV setup. Doesn't have to be expensive: https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/sto ... W_FPV.html :!:

You'd need to do a bit of modding to get power out of the Vision, or alternatively mount a standalone battery, but if you had a matching receiver you could push the output to a monitor. If you used the 7th channel mod on the Vision transmitter you could control tilt on the gimbal too...

All that fiddling is above my pay-grade, but I'm sure it's do-able.

Sorry just to confirm, how do you get this to work in Lightroom? I am running an older version on Loghtroom 5 that has not been updated for a while. Is there somewhere you can just download this lens profile and add it to Lightroom so I can work with RAW files, or do I need to update by Lightroom via Adobe?

tomwato said:
Sorry just to confirm, how do you get this to work in Lightroom? I am running an older version on Loghtroom 5 that has not been updated for a while. Is there somewhere you can just download this lens profile and add it to Lightroom so I can work with RAW files, or do I need to update by Lightroom via Adobe?
The lens profile version shipped with Lightroom 5.3 works with P2V JPEGs. If you want it to work with DNG files, you'll need to either 1) wait until Lightroom 5.4 is released in a few months, or 2) put an updated version of the lens profile where Lightroom will find it. On Windows, that location would be:

C:\Users\<YOUR USER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0

(this is the proper location for user-customized lens profiles for both Photoshop/ACR and Lightroom)

An updated version of the lens profile can be obtained either by 1) downloading the original version from DJI, copying it to the directory above, and modifying the text as described in this thread, or 2) installing ACR 8.4 release candidate, and copying over the new "PHANTOM VISION FC200.LCP" file from ACR/Photoshop's default lens profile location, which on Windows is:

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0

tomwato said:

If you have LR5 than it is free to update to LR5.3, this newest one has the profile for .jpg images. To work with RAW you will need to modify the lens profile file and that is very easy to do. The instructions are in this thread.

If for some reason you do not want to download LR5.3 than you can download just that file.
To make it easy I have added the modified one to my drop box so just get it from this link. That way you don't have to modify it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/trdvuqfunu1zlqx/PHANTOM VISION FC200.lcp

Put this file in the folder where LR keeps lens profiles. All that location info is in this thread as well.

ResevorDG said:
tomwato said:

If you have LR5 than it is free to update to LR5.3, this newest one has the profile for .jpg images. To work with RAW you will need to modify the lens profile file and that is very easy to do. The instructions are in this thread.

If for some reason you do not want to download LR5.3 than you can download just that file.
To make it easy I have added the modified one to my drop box so just get it from this link. That way you don't have to modify it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/trdvuqfunu1zlqx/PHANTOM VISION FC200.lcp

Put this file in the folder where LR keeps lens profiles. All that location info is in this thread as well.

Thanks for that … the only thing I can't find is where LR keeps the lens profile files on a MAC?
Do you know where?

fimfie said:
Thanks for that … the only thing I can't find is where LR keeps the lens profile files on a MAC?
Do you know where?
The Adobe-supplied lens profiles that ship with Lightroom are actually stored inside the application bundle/package on a Mac, something like /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/etc.... Not really intended for users to mess with.

Here's where any profiles you download or modify should go, on a Mac:

Hard Drive>Users>your user name>Library>Application Support>Adobe>CameraRaw>Lens Profiles>1.0

This is the proper place for both Lightroom and Photoshop/ACR.

Phew! Thought it was just me. Did the text wrangler trick (as described on P1 of this thread) and it's now working perfectly for me. Replacing "False' with 'True" cured my lens profile issue and I now have DJI lens profile available for both .JPG and .DNG files.

Thanks guys!

Connor

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik