Lens correction not working for DNG files in Adobe Lightroom

Reaction score
The Lens Correction file for DJI Vision camera from Adobe works great in Lightroom 5.3 for JPG, but I have been experimenting with the DNG format and noticed profile doesn't work unless file is JPEG. Am I missing something here as I thought DNG was the best file to edit photos, then convert to JPEG on export for print, websites. As it is now, I have to make exposure edits, export to JPEG as a different file, then import back into Adobe Lightroom 5.3 for Lens Correction?

Re: Lens correction not working for DNG files in Adobe Light

Thanks, although if I try to open the lcp file itself I cannot, Windows will not let me open the file to edit.

tedw123 said:
Thanks, although if I try to open the lcp file itself I cannot, Windows will not let me open the file to edit.
Windows will not edit that type of file natively, you need a editor program like 'FileViewPro' The better option is to use 'Text Wrangler' as it is a free program. Jut open the .icp file (on a MAC hold down the option key while opening to allow non-verified vendor) and change the line near the top 'camerarawprofile="False" to "True" save the file and re-launch PF, this worked fine for me.

I'm sure this maybe somewhere in all the maze of texts, and please don't blast me for asking this.

But can someone actually just give a step by step guide as to how to put the lens correction file from Download to fully working with Lightroom 5 on a mac.

Thank you kindly in advance

dtdyer01 said:
I'm sure this maybe somewhere in all the maze of texts, and please don't blast me for asking this.

But can someone actually just give a step by step guide as to how to put the lens correction file from Download to fully working with Lightroom 5 on a mac.

Sorry, but i went from LR4 to PS CSE6 so can't help, but I would inagine it is the same. Just:
Open the finder
Click and hold the 'GO' tab and press the 'option' key to show the 'Library' option, select 'Library'
Navigate to 'Application Support>Adobe>CameraRaw>LensProfileDefault and copy the lens Profile .ICP file to this location
(if this location does not exist then look in the lightroom support folder for a like location, as I don't have 5 I am not sure)
Re-launch LR5 and the correction should be available for use.

Pssst... Simon. ResevorDG is using your prop balancer for an avatar.... ;)

-slinger

dtdyer01 said:

You don't have to. It's in the latest version of Lightroom. No downloading required.

Pull_Up said:
gunslinger said:
Pssst... Simon. ResevorDG is using your prop balancer for an avatar.... ;)

-slinger

Oh no, no no. Mine was cut crystal, don't you know - not an Ikea tumbler <sniff>

;)

Looks like I'm going to need a nicer glass.

Here is the file location on a mac.

/Users/UserName/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0/PHANTOM VISION FC200.lcp

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-02-21 at 12.19.24 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-02-21 at 12.19.24 PM.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 439

I'm so sorry.

I loaded it into my CameraRaw and it was fine on PS, but wasn't in LR.

I've just turned on my Mac today and sitting pretty in LR is the DJI Profile.

Thanks

Ok, if I work on a screenshot then I can chose DJI as an option. However if I use the DNG (RAW file) The DJI lens correction doesn't come up.

What am I doing wrong

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-02-21 at 19.46.31.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-02-21 at 19.46.31.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 501
  • Screen Shot 2014-02-21 at 20.04.50.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-02-21 at 20.04.50.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 530

dtdyer01 said:

First, install the update to Lightroom 5.3. The DJI Phantom Vision lens profile is now built in. If you're just shooting JPEGs, then you're done - that's it!

Second, if you want it to work with DNG files - Adobe doesn't officially support that yet for this profile. You either need to wait for Lightroom 5.4 to be released in a few months - or else download the .LCP file from DJI and "hack" it as described previously.

So it looks like your file is still jpg only.

The file is actually in two places on a mac. Perhaps you modified the wrong one.

There is this one.
/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0/DJI/PHANTOM VISION FC200.lcp

and this one
/Users/UserName/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0/PHANTOM VISION FC200.lcp

Just modify both to say "True" Then restart your computer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic