Lens cap too tight solution

Reaction score
I had a really hard time removing my lens cap so I used scissors and cut it way down. It works perfect and still holds good, however, it comes off like it should. Now I fell like Im NOT ripping the gimbal apart when I remove it. Attached is a photo.

Attachments

• lens cover cut down.jpg
    lens cover cut down.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 823
Last edited:
My solution was to buy one of these 3D printed caps. They are very easy to put on and take off since they are flexible.

Great idea. I was only putting it in part way so that it covered the lens but was easy to remove. Good modification!

I had a really hard time removing my lens cap so I used scissors and cut it way down. It works perfect and still holds good, however, it comes off like it should. Now I fell like Im NOT ripping the gimbal apart when I remove it. Attached is a photo.

I got one of those lens cap/gimbal lock deals. Works great, and its really flexible. Like that it locks the gimbal.

Great idea. How about the camera holder little plastic thing, I have a hard time putting that on every time

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Great idea. How about the camera holder little plastic thing, I have a hard time putting that on every time

That's what I was talking about, a lens cap/gimbal lock. I don't know why they don't send one with every new drone. They're all over ebay, amazon, b&h photo, etc. I threw my stock one away the day mine arrived.

That's what I was talking about, a lens cap/gimbal lock. I don't know why they don't send one with every new drone. They're all over ebay, amazon, b&h photo, etc. I threw my stock one away the day mine arrived.

I kept mine not sure if your soposse to put it back on every time when your done flying, i have been putting it back on though lol i put my p3s back in its box every time in done flying it, and that plastic piece i guess keeps the camera from flapping around and braking?

Yeah this is a nightmare along with the stock gimbal lock.. It really forces things and there's no way around it using the stock set up.

A link to a good solution would be great (pref a UK seller).

I kept mine not sure if your soposse to put it back on every time when your done flying, i have been putting it back on though lol i put my p3s back in its box every time in done flying it, and that plastic piece i guess keeps the camera from flapping around and braking?

The one I bought does too, but you don't feel like your breaking something taking it off. And its real simple to put on. Has two tabs that hook over the gimbal and it keeps the camera from flopping. I swear, they weren't thinking when they designed that abortion that came with the drone.

Reactions: 66Fury
This is the one I got. On amazon. Its soft rubber, goes on and comes off super easy.

Attachments

• 51mg3pURDwL.jpg
    51mg3pURDwL.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 365
What is that wavy looking thing on the front of the camera, for?

Ditto. Did the same here with my lens cover. MUCH easier to remove/install. Now to get a decent gimbal lock.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik