Lens cap for SRP ND8/CP Filter?

Reaction score
I ordered the Snake River Prototyping ND8/CP Filter for my Phantom Pro and I was wondering if anyone knows of a lens cap that will fit over it while it's on the camera. I know you can just take the filter off and use your normal lens cap but I was hoping not to have to remove it every time I put it in the case as I've read they are hard to get off as they fit really tight.

Good question. Maybe contact Snake River.

There's none since its slide on/off and SRP has no plans to make one (as of Nov). Ask Dave with dynamic3dsolutions if he would 3D print one. I thought about it, but felt I was just being lazy given I already have a cap/gimbal lock for stock lens and polar pro [emoji849]

There's none since its slide on/off and SRP has no plans to make one (as of Nov). Ask Dave with dynamic3dsolutions if he would 3D print one. I thought about it, but felt I was just being lazy given I already have a cap/gimbal lock for stock lens and polar pro [emoji849]
Yeah, I already sent an email to Dave asking if he would make one that fits it. I actually already had the gimbal lock/lens cap ordered from him and just thought about it not fitting, before he's shipped it out.

Does anyone on here have a Snake River Prototyping ND8/CP Filter and can tell me what the outer diameter of it is?

Last edited:
Last edited:
I just ordered two of these to fit my SRP filters for GoPro's but they come in a range of sizes so there should be one to fit your filters.I'm not sure what the quality is like but I had a hard time finding any press on caps at all.
New Lens Eyepiece Cap Cover For Binoculars Spotting Scophe

Yeah, I don't know what size is needed to fit on the SRP phantom filter. I've emailed SRP but haven't heard anything from them.

It's not hard to measure it,do you own a metric ruler or tape measure?
Perhaps another forum member has the same filter and a vernier calliper to measure it accurately for you.

It's not hard to measure it,do you own a metric ruler or tape measure?
Perhaps another forum member has the same filter and a vernier calliper to measure it accurately for you.
I can measure it when I get it. I just don't have it yet and was needing the measurements to get the lens cap made for it.

I just received the caps I ordered and I'm happy with them.The quality is good and the fit is perfect.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31