Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Length of time for RAW download

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by srchadwi, Dec 15, 2014.

1. srchadwi

The last time I was flying I was taking RAW photos. In many cases it was taking up to 40 seconds for the file to be written and the FPV screen to reappear.

Does anyone that frequently shoots in RAW tell me their experience of the length of time it takes to store the file and return to the FPV screen.

2. HunterSK

I use a SanDisk Extreme PLUS MicroSD 32GB (Class 10, 45MB/sec write speed) and it takes about 8 seconds per shot on my iPhone.

The files are around 27.5MB, so it is writing out at ~3.5MB/sec (ignoring the app overheads).

Update: I got home and did a test with a stop watch. So updated my timing information above.

3. mattparker

SanDisk Extreme® PLUS SDXC™ UHS-I card (16gb)

8 seconds

4. 4wd

4wd

The file sizes will vary depending on the nature of the scene.
    Lots of details will be larger - also bear in mind it writes a JPG too so you could reduce the size of that especially if you don't even use it. 40 seconds is still unusually slow, even 10 seconds is a very long time to wait with a black screen!

5. msinger

Approved Vendor

It takes somewhere in between 5-10 seconds when I'm shooting in RAW.

6. slothead

I record both a raw and a jpg for each image taken, and each image takes about 5 seconds to store (I believe they store in parallel but I'm not sure). I use a very fast card (at least 45MB/S because of my other photographic needs so that's a factor, but I don't really know how much of a factor (nor do I care).

7. erikgraham

40 seconds? That's too long. Format your SD card.