legend of sample questions in the test of part 1

Reaction score
Does anybody know what the codes of the legend at the end of each question means in the official FAA part 107 sample test? example:

11 (Refer to FAA-CT-8080-2G, Figure 2.) If an unmanned airplane weighs 33 pounds, what approximate weight would the airplane structure be required to support during a 30° banked turn while maintaining altitude?
A. 34 pounds.
B. 47 pounds.
C. 38 pounds.
PLT309 / UA.IV.A.K3 Determining performance.

What is "UA.IV.A.K3" and how do I use it to find more info about studying this particular section?

Thanks in advance

Saw this on the FAA site...

FAA Knowledge Test Question Coding

Each Task in the ACS includes an ACS code. This ACS code will soon be displayed on the airman test report to indicate what Task element was proven deficient on the Knowledge Exam.

The ACS coding consists of four elements. For example: this code is deciphered as follows:

UA.I.B.K10:
UA = I = B = K10 =

Applicable ACS (Unmanned Aircraft Systems)
Area of Operation (Regulations)
Task (Operating Rules)
Task element Knowledge 1 (Visual line of sight (VLOS) aircraft operations)

Knowledge test questions are mapped to the ACS codes, which will soon replace the system of “Learning Statement Codes.” After this transition occurs, the AKTR will list an ACS code that correlates to a specific element for a given Area of Operation and Task.

To obtain a copy of the LSC that will be found on the AKTR, please refer to www.faa.gov.

Reactions: Falcon900
so, for practical purposes, these codes do not provide any guidance on where to find more information on the subject...right?

The 'PLT' # is the section the question references.

The 'PLT' # is the section the question references.
yes, and there is a table of conversion for PLT#. However, I was asking about the next code UA.IV.A.K3

It seemed like you were asking a question here: "...where to find more information on the subject..."

So that is where you find [more] information on the subject.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav