Legally, is this drone or helicopter...?

Maybe.
But there are other videos showing drones lifting
operator, one or more probably NOT faked.
When lifting dangling person, legally is it still drone...?

Really? Not fake. So skinny Casey can hold himself up with one bent arm...sure. Looked good though
Casey is def not faked! He had all the behind the scenes on another movie and showed how they did it all. He was wearing a body vest with a hook right under his arm pit and a metal rod that goes through the arm on his Santa Jacket so it looks like his arm is bent that way. Your right there is not way he could have hung on like this for more than a minute or so. All his weight is on the rod connected to his vest. This drone was built by Samsung and has a thrust of 1000 pds. Drone weighted 175 pds I think. Had 8 motors with 30in props on top and on bottom.

One more try:
is drone lifting human controlling hanging below drone
a "drone" or "helicopter" in eyes of FAA...?
why? if it stays a drone, there could be a
future with people hanging from drones,
say, no more than 20ft up being transported
from point to point...but am sure FAA will step in, no???

is drone lifting human controlling hanging below drone
a "drone" or "helicopter" in eyes of FAA...?
My guess is that it depends on who is controlling the UAV. If you're tethered to the vehicle and you're controlling it (wireless or wired) then it's likely an ultralight, but if someone else is controlling and you're just along for the ride, then I would still consider is a UAV or remotely operated vehicle. The other suggestion being that the drones being considered as taxis seem to all fall under UAV considerations and not piloted aircraft considerations. I am not an aviation lawyer, just playing one.

I can't say fake or real. I do know that Hollywood is using more drone cameras for high level scenes. Watch the final 10 minutes of the movie 'the nice guys'. The fight scene on the hotel roof with Russel Crowe was filmed with a 25 pound camera. The flight and camera took three operators to shoot the scene. I was on set two nights for that scene in downtown Atlanta. I am in the Corvette next to Ryan Gossling

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20