Legal/safety question

SilentAV8R said:
While it seems trivial that you should be able to call up the tower and let them know that you are there, it takes quite a lot of paperwork on their part to authorize putting anything in the ATIS info (what the pilots listen to before takeoff or landing). In essence you are asking for a temporary Notice to Airmen (NOTAM), which the FAA personnel just are not equipped to do for you flying your quad.

For now I would steer clear of all airports, giving them a wide berth, and limit your altitude the closer to an airport you get. Also keep and eye and ear out for full scale traffic and get low if you detect anything until you know where it is and if it is a conflict. It is entirely our responsibility to stay out of their way.
N017RW said:
" I have had light aircraft fly underneath me many times."

Yikes!!!!

Yea no kidding! I will never fly that high in a city, it just seems very irresponsible to me. I know the odds are extremely low with such a small vehicle, but I will not be the one you hear about on the news. There are lots of places for me to go out in the Everglades that I won't bother anyone. I don't live "near" any airports, but I live along the coast. Small helicopters and planes are a regular thing between 200' and a few thousand feet all up and down my coast.

Dave

Well not [fill in the blank] enough if you have 'traffic' flying below your a/c.

Traffic is traffic.

N017RW said:
Well not [fill in the blank] enough if you have 'traffic' flying below your a/c.

Traffic is traffic.

Works for me, YMMV.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj