Legal distance from airport vs P2V+'s restrictions

Reaction score
In Australia, we have a law against flying within 5.5km of an airport. Obviously this is different to DJI's limitations and I understand they can't restrict it for every single country based on the current laws. This would be a very difficult database to maintain. The problem is though that the restrictions still allow flying in illegal areas, whilst limiting people flying in a legal area at the legal high. So why have this at all? DJI allow me to fly at 2km away from an airport (illegally) and also restrict me when flying at 5.6km away from an airport.

I fly according to the laws in place. I agree with our restrictions here in Australia. I feel I am sensible enough that the laws could be relaxed a bit but people don't stick to the law at the moment anyway - so probably a good thing to dumb it down for the irresponsible people. A lot of the people that seem to complain on here about the law are also the ones that say they break them. So why complain about the laws when you are already not following them. The laws don't affect you if you refuse to follow them.

That's my 2 cents.. seems silly to have a device control that allows illegal activity and also restricts legal usage of these devices.

Hey SeeUAV,

Im in Sydney and just getting into the Quadcopters (have just ordered my phantom) and am looking at getting an FPV setup.

Are there any suppliers in Australia you would recommend? Or where else do you recommend?

Cheers

James

To be honest, I bought my Phantom 2 Vision+ from DJI.com directly. I bough tthe non plus first and a couple of days after purchase they released the + version. I contacted them, said I wasn't happy and they allowed me to get a full refund including the shipping costs. I got my P2V+ right after it was released and I have had no issues. There are a lot of Australians on here that have gone through local dealers in case there is any issues. So far DJI have replied to every concern I had and done a great job. I guess the real benefit though is the shipping. If they uphold the warranty on the device themselves, I would just find your closest supplier as there will be less trouble if you have any problems.

A fellow Australian on this forum I was speaking with went through these guys - was quite happy with them I believe, except when it was first released there was a bit of a delay with P2V+ stock: http://sphere.net.au/products/dji-phantom-2-vision-plus

jamesbrett said:
Hey SeeUAV,

Im in Sydney and just getting into the Quadcopters (have just ordered my phantom) and am looking at getting an FPV setup.

Are there any suppliers in Australia you would recommend? Or where else do you recommend?

Cheers

James

I'm in AUS as well. Northern NSW.
I bought mine through Rise Above Aerials in Sydney. Excellent service. They agreed to replace a faulty battery no questions asked, prompt email replies. I even received a reply at 11:30 pm which shows their work ethic.

Awesome thanks!

Any suggestions on an FPV setup? I have the basic Phantom 2 with gopro3 etc.

I want to go screen rather than goggles for now.

Would like a setup that will go a reasonable range.

Cheers

J

jamesbrett said:
Awesome thanks!

Any suggestions on an FPV setup? I have the basic Phantom 2 with gopro3 etc.

I want to go screen rather than goggles for now.

Would like a setup that will go a reasonable range.

Cheers

J

You would be better off asking in the non Vision section. Us P2V+ users already have fpv.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie