Leg vibration- Shakey hover

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently installed new propellers. Non carbon fiber. White color, with rectangular edges ( my original propellers became chipped and useless). Since installing, my Phantom 2 has displayed very "twitchy" hover, constantly making tiny corrections (more so than usual) whilst displaying a vibration on the rear left leg. Faster flying reduces symptoms. Firmware update did not remedy the situation. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advance for your time and help!!!

Do you know exactly what brand of props they are? There's many look-alikes out there which can give problems like you're seeing.

However even quality props can also be unbalanced (most are) and may require some balancing to remove the unstable flight they can cause.

Included is a photo, 9" props for my non-vision Phantom 2. I'm new to piloting and know little of balancing. Can you please provide me with direction on this process? Thanks OI Photography!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 289
To know for sure whether you got genuine DJI props or some other brand you'll need to look at the small lettering on the top of the blades near the hub.

Balancing involves spinning each prop to determine if either side has more weight, and then adjusting to compensate by either adding something (tape, nail polish) to the light side or removing material (sanding) from the heavy side. The only tool you must have for that is a balancing rod like this: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7036

Though it's not absolutely necessary, a lot of us use a DuBro balancer along with that rod: http://www.amazon.com/Du-Bro-499-Tru-Sp ... B0006N72Y8

This vid will get you through the basics, whether you have the DuBro or not: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxXGC74M5cY (check out his channel for a lot of other great Phantom tips)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj