Left stick locks

Reaction score
My buddy got a phantom 3 standard. I noticed the left stick will lock into place if pulled all the way. What happens if this was to lock all the way down while in the air.?? Would the motors shut down in mid air?

What happens if this was to lock all the way down while in the air.?? Would the motors shut down in mid air?
No. The motors will only shut down after the Phantom lands.

Yep .... its a lazy mans landing lock. It gives maximum descent rate but with motors still powered to keep model stable. Once landed the model detects its not moving anymore and after couple of seconds - motors stop.

Common mistake afte use : forgetting to unlock left stick, power up next time .... everything starts beeping .... unlock stick and all is OK ....

Nigel

I'd never heard of that - assume applies to P3 Standard RC only?

As a P3S owner user I cannot answer. But many of the P3S have this Left Stick Lock down. There are a few - maybe early ones that didn't. I know some people remove the 'pawl' that does it and have a normal sprung stick.

Basically - like I say its a lazy mans maximum descent item. Get AC to overhead where you want ... pull back and CLICK left stick stays down ... AC descends at max rate. You can have left hand free to 'pick nose / smooth your hair / make gestures to P3A owners ;) ) ...

Personally I advise to not fully land with this as I prefer to 'unlock' a few feet off deck and choose my spot.

Nigel

Reactions: Loz
I agree with Nigel, and it causes more issues on startup if left in position as already indicated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan