Left stick down = motor shuts down after 3 sec

Reaction score
Hi,

I was just testing my P2V after installing Flytrex V2 (flytrex.com).

When descending, I'm careful not to descend straight down to avoid prop wash and crash (even after the update which slows descend to 2 m/s).

But today I wanted to see how long I could have left stick pulled fully down (on my desk without props), before motor shut off as I have heard it will turn off automatically.

I was worried to see that after only about 3 sec of left stick applied fully down, the motors turned off. I then tried to pull left stick around 80-90% of the way down (as I would normally descend), to see what happened. Once again the motors turned completely off after around 3 sec's (not every time though).

This does not seem normal to me - I have descended slowly from around 80m before - but never pulling left stick all the way down, as I always descend in small intervals to avoid motor shut down, but seeing motors shut down after only 3 sec's seems very dangerous and to me it seems it should be possible to descend more rapidly than only in small 1-2 sec intervals.

Besides Flytrex my P2V is in stock condition and have flown 10 perfect flights.

Is this normal behavior? Or should I calibrate something? (if so, please explain how/what).

Thanks

dronie said:
Is this normal behavior? Or should I calibrate something? (if so, please explain how/what).

Thanks

It's normal. The 'copter sensed that the stick to was down for three second while it wasn't moving, so it shut off the motors. In the air, the motors would not have shut off.

-- Roger

Thanks - that makes sense.

I think I have read somewhere, that the motors will shut off in the air if left stick is fully down for a longer period? Do you know if that is correct, and if so, how long would you have to do this before they would shut off?

It won't shut down in the air using left stick fully down if you have intelligent shutdown checked in the assistant.
In recent firmware you can't even select to over-ride that (which was possible previously).
It seems to be able to detect if the stick is down but not losing altitude therefore on the ground.

dronie said:
Thanks - that makes sense.

I think I have read somewhere, that the motors will shut off in the air if left stick is fully down for a longer period? Do you know if that is correct, and if so, how long would you have to do this before they would shut off?

That's not correct, your motors will not shut down. Don't worry :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers