Left and right motors?

Reaction score
When I look at buying new motors it does not show them left or right?? My motors have a left thread and a right thread for the nut. Do you change the rotor? Or just use a right thread on a left motor?

The new Phantoms have two CW threaded motor shafts and two CCW threaded motor shaftss, so that the rotation of the motor won't work to loosen the prop nuts. Most multirotor motors on the market are all CW threaded, so if you replace your DJI motors with T-motors or another brand, you will simply have to get in the habit of checking your prop nuts before every flight. Which you should do anyway.

Thanks for the reply! That's kinda what I thought. I want to have one motor and landing gear plus maybe a body to keep on hand. I may just buy the better motors. What motors can we use on the Phantom and where to get them?

Most people who are upgrading motors are using the T-motor 2214 Anti-Gravity motors. They are only marginally more powerful (5-10%) and marginally more efficient, power-wise, but they have vastly superior sealed ceramic bearings that don't require lubrication and are much quieter than the stock motors. They're also a lot more expensive -- about US$189 for a set of four.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub