LED lights

Duane said:
Can all of the lights be turned off without disconnecting them?

The long explanation again is no - those LEDs are your ESCs, you disconnect those = motors no spin. As mentioned covering them with tape is the most feasible if filming at night.

Are the LEDs mounted directly to the underside of the ESCs? (never had mine apart) Must be a way to control them since the controller board can control the rear ones. I would love to have a spare channel and a "stealth mode" toggle. ;)

thanks I will do that. second question lol is there any way to freeze the vision plus gimbal so it will not auto pan or tilt i want to attach my night vision monocular to perform FPV at night over farmland to see what creatures roam out at night. Not sure if the copter can lift 380 grams or not or how to make a mount for it but will come up with some kind of frankin mod

You can lock the gimbal in FPV mode I think. Also I would love to see the setup. I have a NV monocular as well but have no idea if I could mount it or how much this thing will carry of a payload.

Dirty Bird said:
Are the LEDs mounted directly to the underside of the ESCs? (never had mine apart) Must be a way to control them since the controller board can control the rear ones. I would love to have a spare channel and a "stealth mode" toggle. ;)

Yes they are soldered on.
When I bent an arm, the 3 LED's were sheared off as they drop into holes in the lower frame. I can confirm the motor still functions without them. ;)

my ANPVS-14 are around 380g not sure if that is with or without batteries will need to find a scale and weigh them. I'm thinking the easiest way is to have camera facing down and rig the monocular to sit right in front of the lens, would help keep the CG under the copter. I am just guessing here could be all wrong but i want try it out so i can see where animals head at night to bed down. kinda like a trail cam just in the sky.

Double-D said:
Dirty Bird said:

Yes they are soldered on.
When I bent an arm, the 3 LED's were sheared off as they drop into holes in the lower frame. I can confirm the motor still functions without them. ;)

Difficult to turn off I think DB ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 341
Making my black bird :cool:

Did you know that the startup sound is coming from the engines? :geek:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 305
M.Tigelaar said:
Difficult to turn off I think DB ;)

Thank you for that photo. There are three connections between the ESC and the motor. How many connections between the ESC and the control board? Obviously there is some way for the control board to alter the color/flashing of the LEDs. I would love to be able to remotely enable/diable the lights, but I would settle for a switch I could flick to kill them before liftoff for stealth missions.

There are 2 connections.
1 coax cable for the power and 1 little plug for the controle.
And really, the bieping sound melody is creating in the engines ;)
I was looking to put one led of the ESC on the back or top, to see the homelock if it stand on the floor :geek:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 257
Just playing around :lol:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    482.1 KB · Views: 249

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics