LED Lights

Reaction score
After my Phantom warms up, I get just Green lights in the following sequence OOO O

Can some tell me what this means? It flys with no problem....

Tom in SC

If you are in GPS mode and you get only GREEN (no red), this simply means that there are 6 or more satellites locked in.
This is the best situation for your Phantom. :)
In ATTI mode, you will get just YELLOW.
Any RED is not good, perhaps with the exception of the ATTI mode which does not require the satellites but use the compass.

The rapid series of green lights is telling you that the Phantom has locked in its home position, where it will return if it has laot contact with the transmitter.

Well that makes me feel better..... But not good enough to turn off the transmitter ......

I started with the AR Drone. But the Phantom is a lot more fun.

Thanks for all the help

Tom in SC

The 20 rapid green should happen once right after the warm up and self check completion which may take a minute or two for the first flight.
If you don't get that or you are not sure if you miss it, then you have to MANUALLY set it before the flight (or even in flight) by flipping the switch between OFF & CL 4-5 times for heading direction lock and between CL & HL 4-5 times then back to OFF position for home lock position.

What can I do if the phantom does not want to give me the 20 greens on its own and also not if I flick the CL or HL switch?

Season greetings,

Gadgets

tanasit said:
The 20 rapid green should happen once right after the warm up and self check completion which may take a minute or two for the first flight.
If you don't get that or you are not sure if you miss it, then you have to MANUALLY set it before the flight (or even in flight) by flipping the switch between OFF & CL 4-5 times for heading direction lock and between CL & HL 4-5 times then back to OFF position for home lock position.

Everyone's Phantom must be different because I never get home lock at start nor do I get the four yellow warm up lights, I only get the self check LED's and then it goes right into satellite search! I thought you only got the rapid green LED when your Phantoms had enough satellites to record your home point! I always believed once you got a good satellite lock and then the rapid green was a good time to take off!

I think the four green flashes your seeing at the end is just the tail end of the System start and self check LED! If you have it in GPS what do you get?

If its in GPS after the System start/Self check LED you should get 1green and three red flashes and it should start changing to 1green 2red flashes meaning your picking up more and more satellites, Once you get at least 1green and 1red or even better all green flashes you should then wait for a very rapid green light which means your home point has been recorded!

If your not flying in GPS and just take off in ATTITUDE OR MANUAL MODE then I don't believe it will come back to you since you have no home point!!

phantomflyer said:
I think the four green flashes your seeing at the end is just the tail end of the System start and self check LED! If you have it in GPS what do you get?

If its in GPS after the System start/Self check LED you should get 1green and three red flashes and it should start changing to 1green 2red flashes meaning your picking up more and more satellites, Once you get at least 1green and 1red or even better all green flashes you should then wait for a very rapid green light which means your home point has been recorded!

If your not flying in GPS and just take off in ATTITUDE OR MANUAL MODE then I don't believe it will come back to you since you have no home point!!

Sorry I mean come back to you if you loss signal!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20