Led light on back end of phantom

Reaction score
Just wondering, when I flew my bird last nite I started out with doing the setup, it went through its led warm up ok, when if finally finished it was blinking green slowly and only once at a time, which tells me it had all 6 satetlites hooked in ok, I noticed when it got to around the 20 21 min mark the led light start flashing green 3 times quickly, not sure what this means, I assume it means less than 6 satelites and I found it hard to keep in the air it would not hover very good, it did ok up until the end of her run. Could this mean low battery first level, then when you get the green and red flashing it means its going to land or you should land it real quick. Just looking for some advice.

I don't know how you got 21 mins out of your p1...

But low voltage is rapid red flashing no matter how many sats are locked. Generally you'll start seeing rapid red flashes when full throttling or whatever, and then it'll start flashing rapid red constantly, which means land asap.

I try to land before it's constantly flashing red.

I did get almost 24 min with the multistar 4000 mah batteries. It beacame a bit sluggish around 21 min mark but the rear led was flashing 3 green lights it was a heavy cloud cover so i assume it had a hard time acquiring all sats. I get about 14 to 15 with dual stock batteries.

Was that with duel multi star bud or the one , I'm not flying with any add ons as a camera or giblets etc etc
I have just ordered 2 of the 4000 multi stars
And just wondered as I seen good reports on them
Sorry it's not the answer to your question as I'm a new flyer so a bit green behind the ears lol

Digger it was with 2 multistar batteries. They are awesome so far getting around 24 min with 2 of them and with my setup. Takeoff weight is about 1232 grams. Flys great takes off a little sluggish but after a few seconds flys great.

Digger it was with 2 multistar batteries. They are awesome so far getting around 24 min with 2 of them and with my setup. Takeoff weight is about 1232 grams. Flys great takes off a little sluggish but after a few seconds flys great.

No disrespect intended but if its sluggish on takeoff it will also be sluggish during flight.

You're agility in the air will ALWAYS go down A LOT when you add this much weight.

It's a little misleading to say it flys great with this much added extra weight.

Well i intend to fly it today and i will let u know how it flys all i know is it seemed to fly great and responded to my controls well. Another member on this site had said his was the same weight roughly and he did some good flying. It seemed to hover well at around 200 ft when i let off the controls.

According to the manual, the only instance where you get three green flashes is when you're in GPS mode and sticks are off center. However, that is actually one, followed by two, green flashes. - --

Well i intend to fly it today and i will let u know how it flys all i know is it seemed to fly great and responded to my controls well. Another member on this site had said his was the same weight roughly and he did some good flying. It seemed to hover well at around 200 ft when i let off the controls.

TheDroid,

I was just pointing out how dramatically weight affects how quickly your multi-copter reacts to your inputs.

I purposely decided against two batteries because too much weight changes your quad from a PT boat to a battleship when you try to maneuver.

Its just a matter of whats more important to you.... flying time or maneuverability.... you have to give up one for the other in a P1.

Ya not sure why it was flashing 3 green lites quickly. It started off with the normal one green flashing lite after the warm lite sequence. Then after fying for 21 min it started flashing green quickly 3 times when i let go the sticks it should hover but wanted to descend quickly. I just assumed it was because it was possibly picking up less satelites and couldnt control very good. Up to that point it flew good was responsive and could hover. It was a very heavy cloud cover that day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31