LED indicator light not working

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Apologies, my first post and it's to ask for help. :oops: Following a crash everything seems to be working except for the LED indicator light at the rear of the body. To be fair it was a pretty solid thump and I'm pleased (ish) that this seems to be the limit of the damage, but obviously it's a critical element and I have no way of knowing now whether there's satellite coverage etc.

Is there any history of these indicators (the bulb?) blowing? I've had a look through the forum and haven't come across anyone saying so or is it more likely something worse has been damaged internally?

I'll be running the calibration programme later in case something needs a reset but to be honest I'm pretty useless at things like that.

Any thoughts would be welcome,

Thanks.

Rezme said:
Hi everyone,

Apologies, my first post and it's to ask for help. :oops: Following a crash everything seems to be working except for the LED indicator light at the rear of the body. To be fair it was a pretty solid thump and I'm pleased (ish) that this seems to be the limit of the damage, but obviously it's a critical element and I have no way of knowing now whether there's satellite coverage etc.

Is there any history of these indicators (the bulb?) blowing? I've had a look through the forum and haven't come across anyone saying so or is it more likely something worse has been damaged internally?

I'll be running the calibration programme later in case something needs a reset but to be honest I'm pretty useless at things like that.

Any thoughts would be welcome,

Thanks.

Have you cracked open the shell of your Phantom and looked inside after the crash? If it was a heavy thump it is probably nothing more than the plug come out of the LED unit (especially if it landed towards the rear pushing the battery rearwards towards the LED board.)

I agree, open it up and look at the connector, most likely it broke a wire off the circuit board.
Same thing happened to me. Pull out the led board and solder the wire back on. They are just a touch to short
And the battery can break it in a crash.
It's a bit of work to get the board out.
Mark your wires or take pictures.
And make sure to to put the top back on, it's easy to rotate it and then your props will be wrong.
Easy fix, just time consuming.

Thanks for the suggestions. You were right, the connector lead from the LED circuit board to the Naza wasn't firmly in. When I crashed, the battery must have pushed the leads and as there isn't any slack in there at all, that must have been sufficient to dislodge the connection. Had a quick power up and everything seems to be working, LED flashing as normal. (A good tip is to mark the upper and bottom of one rotor spur to make sure the body is reconnected correctly. I started to put the screws back in until I checked the alignment and noticed I had turned the top. It's easily done.)

Thanks again.

@Rezme, LEDs blow out, they are electrical components and although they have very high tolerances and this rarely occurs but we can never rule this out so to be sure, you have to open it up and physically inspect it. I’m sure they have protection circuitry in there which not only stops the LED and other components from blowing but also alerts in case of any possible malfunctions but you have to be sure. Open it up, check the LED, the circuitry connected to the LED and if everything is good, give it a try. Replace the LED if required.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik