Led Green and yellow - what does it mean?

Reaction score
Hey

Very new to Phantom 2 Vision plus - and today when I was outside this is whats happening:

I calibrated my Phantom and it all light up green... then I started to fly - and it was some wind - not that much. Suddely the phantom did not respond to the gps and drifted away. then I lost contact with my iphone and the phantom. then when I got it down - I saw that the led was blinking slowly green for like 5 or six times. Then it started to blink green again.

So what can it be?

baiaz said:
Hey

Very new to Phantom 2 Vision plus - and today when I was outside this is whats happening:

I calibrated my Phantom and it all light up green... then I started to fly - and it was some wind - not that much. Suddely the phantom did not respond to the gps and drifted away. then I lost contact with my iphone and the phantom. then when I got it down - I saw that the led was blinking slowly green for like 5 or six times. Then it started to blink green again.

So what can it be?

I know this is not the response you want but you seriously should read the manual and learn like most did that would be able to answer your question. Besides, the more you know about the phantom the more fun you'll have with it.

Thank you for the reply.

You see... I did a search ... on the pdf... but could not find what was my issue... but I will give it a try again.. thanks

baiaz said:
So what can it be?

You did not mention in the detail where the "yellow" came in, or if you were flying in Phantom or NAZA mode? What position was S1 in? If you were in NAZA mode and seeing flashing yellow, then you were in ATTI mode, which would explain why it drifted with the wind. I do advise that you study the little card that came attached to the controller, as it is important for you to know what the status LEDs are telling you. It could save your $1300 aircraft!

Dirty Bird said:
baiaz said:
So what can it be?

You did not mention in the detail where the "yellow" came in, or if you were flying in Phantom or NAZA mode? What position was S1 in? If you were in NAZA mode and seeing flashing yellow, then you were in ATTI mode, which would explain why it drifted with the wind. I do advise that you study the little card that came attached to the controller, as it is important for you to know what the status LEDs are telling you. It could save your $1300 aircraft!

Hmmmm thanks ...

The S1 was down - but I thought that did not matter if you did not do anything to the phantom that it always was in GPS even if it was switched down? hmmm I guess I have to study more ... again.. thanks... I will do that tonight!

baiaz said:
The S1 was down - but I thought that did not matter if you did not do anything to the phantom that it always was in GPS even if it was switched down? hmmm I guess I have to study more ... again.. thanks... I will do that tonight!

If S1 was down (in Phantom mode), then you were in ATTI mode and altitude-locked only. It would be perfectly understandable why she was drifting with the wind. S1 needs to be UP to be in GPS mode, where both altitude & position are locked.

Dirty Bird said:
baiaz said:

If S1 was down (in Phantom mode), then you were in ATTI mode and altitude-locked only. It would be perfectly understandable why she was drifting with the wind. S1 needs to be UP to be in GPS mode, where both altitude & position are locked.

I don't think that's right.
In phantom mode there is no ATTI mode selectable. If less then 6 satellites are found it will fly in ready to fly mode (non gps) which is basically the same as ATTI and lights will flash yellow.
To override failsafe you switch S1 to any other position and can stay in that position and it will return to full gps mode. The manual even shows switching from position 2 to position 3 to regain control from failsafe.
Sounds like it simply fell below 6 satellites.

Correct me if I'm wrong. You are way more knowledgeable than I am.

Geert said:
The major question is : Was he flying in Phantom or in NAZA-M mode?

The yellow blinking led's indicate Ready to Fly (non-GPS) in Phantom mode but they also could indicate that he was flying in ATT mode in NAZA-M when his S1 switch was in mid position. (like Dirty Bird said)
He says that he was very new to Phantom2Vision plus so I guess he was flying in Phantom mode - Ready to Fly (non-GPS).

:?
I think he is the only one who can confirm that or not.

Geert.

The thing is that the switch (S1) was DOWN... and I thought that you had to do something to the software to fly in a non-gps mode... I guess I was wrong...

baiaz said:
The thing is that the switch (S1) was DOWN... and I thought that you had to do something to the software to fly in a non-gps mode... I guess I was wrong...

In Phantom mode, with S1 in either of the lower positions, you are essentially in ATTI mode. Your Phantom will hold its altitude but she has no positional lock and will drift with the wind. As part of your preflight checklist, its a good idea to always have BOTH switches in the UP position before lifting off.

Dirty Bird said:
baiaz said:

In Phantom mode, with S1 in either of the lower positions, you are essentially in ATTI mode. Your Phantom will hold its altitude but she has no positional lock and will drift with the wind. As part of your preflight checklist, its a good idea to always have BOTH switches in the UP position before lifting off.

Thank you for clearifying that for me. ;)

Dirty Bird said:
baiaz said:

I tried that now and I think that you are right... but now there was NO wind.. but it was more steady! Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic