LED flashes green then red

Reaction score
Hello. I have read the manual but i could not seem to find what this led indicates on a p3s. I know green is safe to fly and all that. But what's happening is it is blinking green about 3 flashes then red about three flashes as well with the same intervals. Would anyone know what that means? If im correct, it should only flashes green when on gps lock and safe to fly. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

This is a odd sequence. Perhaps recalibrating the IMU may clear this up.
Give it a try.
Good luck..

I just realized i am closed to an airport. This might be triggering this. Remember seeing a warning when i launched. But in am not 100% sure.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I once tried to launch in a DJI no fly (I didn't know it was a no fly). It booted normally, then went about acquiring satellites. When it found six, I expected it to flash green 20x to mark the home point, but instead it flashed RED 20x, immediately followed by GREEN 20x. And then the props wouldn't start. I rebooted several times, and got the same sequence. I finally figured out I was in a DJI P2 no fly, which was ironic since it was completely legal to fly in that area (14 miles north of the White House but 16 miles north of Reagan National Airport).

I just realized i am closed to an airport. This might be triggering this. Remember seeing a warning when i launched. But in am not 100% sure.

My parents' farm is about 2.5 miles from Class D airspace, and I now get the warning and the alternating red/green LED flashes when I fly there. LED pattern is normal when I'm flying elsewhere so I assume that's the issue. BTW, I'm also unable to calibrate the compass while I'm there as well.

My parents' farm is about 2.5 miles from Class D airspace, and I now get the warning and the alternating red/green LED flashes when I fly there. LED pattern is normal when I'm flying elsewhere so I assume that's the issue. BTW, I'm also unable to calibrate the compass while I'm there as well.

That was probably it then. I got the same LED pattern. In did not dare flying when i noticed it. I launched about twice trying to figure out what was going on. I was about 6 meters high and i decided it is not worth taking the risk. I did not know what was going on then.

I was able to get in touch with DJI online chat support. I asked the representative about this LED pattern. I was told that the RED will flash about 15 secs then will go back to whatever status the drone is in (atti or gps) when GEO is triggered.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.