LED code help

Reaction score
I hadn't noticed this before. I power on and wait for the rapid green flash. Now I've noticed just a couple of seconds after that I get a second set of rapid green flashes.

Can't find any info on it. What's it telling me?

I've noticed this too. This is only a guess: I think what is happening is the P2 first records its home location when it first gets 7 satellites and then if you haven't taken off yet, it will re-record it again if it gets a more accurate fix as it acquires more satellites.

Glad you see it, too. I was on a frozen lake yesterday and that's the first time I have been out in the wiiiiiiide open with it, so it was definitely the best satellite lock my P2 has ever seen from the ground. The thing flew really well and I used all three (CL, HL, and standard) modes.

Eos630 said:
I hadn't noticed this before. I power on and wait for the rapid green flash. Now I've noticed just a couple of seconds after that I get a second set of rapid green flashes.

The FAQ says that rapid flashing green (long) is course bearing fix or location fix. Personally I won't fly unless I ave both, so I wait for two long green flashes.

Tmesis said:
Eos630 said:

The FAQ says that rapid flashing green (long) is course bearing fix or location fix. Personally I won't fly unless I ave both, so I wait for two long green flashes.

Did not know that. Manual says nothing of it. I assume the course bearing is purely based on the magnetic compass. GPS will not tell you which way you're facing. It'll tell you which way your heading once you start moving but you could be going that way sideways or backwards or while yawing in circles.

Tmesis said:

Hey Tmesis, first - your user name is fanfreakingtastic. Second - where is this FAQ you mention? I don't see one for the P2 or the NAZA.

Eos630 said:
Hey Tmesis, first - your user name is fanfreakingtastic. Second - where is this FAQ you mention? I don't see one for the P2 or the NAZA.

Absobloodylutely. I thought I'd read it in the naza-m v2 FAQ but looking again I see it's page 24 of naza-m v2 quick start manual v1.22.

Are you sure it's not "The aircraft is moved or bias of sensors too big"?

Course lock confirmation only happens if the craft is at least 10m+ away from you, no?

LeoS said:
Are you sure it's not "The aircraft is moved or bias of sensors too big"?

Course lock confirmation only happens if the craft is at least 10m+ away from you, no?

Who knows? Sure wish the documentation would cover this properly! Anyway, I get two sets of green flashes pretty regularly.

No - that bias error will either be 3 red LEDs or six green. We're talking about the long rapid green flash. It's pretty clear that it's trying to tell you something is A-OK, but they don't document it very well.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7835#p63627

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl