Lectron Pro 2700mAh 35C Lipo Battery Review

Reaction score
I found a deal on the Lectron Pro 2700mAh lipos on Amazon and pulled the trigger. I got 3 of them and today I flew with one for the first time.

With my current configuration (Phantom 1, 8" props, DJI prop guards, extended landing gear legs, 2 axis gimbal, and GoPro Hero3+ Black) I'd get just under 6 mins of time before my voltage buzzer went off. I've got it set to scream once any cell hits 3.6.

Today, on a somewhat turbulent and windy day I got around 7 mins and 30 seconds before the buzzer went off. The battery is hardly dead at that setting, but why take the chance of draining it any further?

[youtube]http://youtu.be/b5DptsJQt8Q[/youtube]

You can see in the video that the winds were kicking me around a bit but she held her own. Gotta love GPS mode!

Lipos learn their true potential after the 3rd or 5th flight, so don't be surprised if you see your times get better, I've heard great things about those batteries, It would be good to know your total weight but I bet you could pass the 10 minutes flying time with some tweaks.

I really wanted the Mad Dogs. Everyone on this forum raves about them. Couldn't find them anywhere on Amazon though and I have a ton of Discover rewards that are redeemable at Amazon. So I went to the Lectrons.

I've never weighed my Phantom but I know it's a bit on the heavy side now. The gimbal and gopro really changed the flying characteristics and they knocked my flying time almost in half!

remove the props guards, get the 9.4" Vision props, and immediately add 2 minutes to your flight time. With the new battery-you could be into the 9 minute mark before 1st level warning.
Those prop guards cost you up to 1 minutes flight time!!
And, those Vision props add 40% more lift-you notice it in forward flight, as you throttle position from using the 8" props is a couple notches less. And, they fly fast-16+m/sec on a calm day...vs. 12m/sec with the 8" props.
BUT; please read the posts about adjusting your gain values when using the larger props. Some will need to adjust their gains(usually higher)...and there's several good posts about using these props.

ON my 3rd charge now and flew in what I consider optimal conditions. The winds were at around 5mph which is nothing.

Today I got 9:30 seconds on the batter before the buzzer went off. NOT BAD!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94